Is there a better strain out there than these 2?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mallett, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Hi, I hope I have posted in the correct sub-forum. If not, I apologize...

I asked myself, what is the fastest flowering, most hardy, Easy to grow, highest yielding, resilient strain out there, that is 20% THC or just below. I also wanted an Indica and a Sativa...

Here's what I found:

Dinafem Critical 2.0 - 20% THC, water resistant, Hardy, Easy to grow, 45 - 50 days Flowering, 700g m/2 Lemon Flavour - 70% Indica - Winter strain for me as it handles cold and is water resistant.

G-13 Labs - Pineapple Express #2 - 20% THC, Hardy, Easy to grow, 45 - 50 days Flowering, 700g m/2 Lovely phenos to be found in this one...Summer strain as it handles hostile conditions very well - Mostly Sativa

So in conclusion, have I found the best 2 strains to grow on the planet? And can anyone better them?

I also hope this will help beginners who are finding it tough (As we all did) to find that perfect strain to start with.

I have put months of research into this and I think the two above, you will find it hard to find anything better.

Thanks in advance

2. This is way to broad with way to many variables. There's no way you could say that these are the best two strains. I can think of a ton of strains off the top of my head that are supposedly 20%+ thc

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. There's a lot of strains that have potential to break 20%
    Most gorilla strains for example.
    The Skywalker og kush I'm growing has been leveled at at 25% before.
    It depends on a lot more than if they have the potential to reach that potency. How you grow basically determines that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I could grow some Skywalker at 18% and maybe the next guy can hit 22% to many factors.

5. Thanks for the input...

The Variables are the 7 week flower, the Resilience, Ease of growth, Hardiness, the 20% THC and the 700g m/2

In simple terms, are there any other strains out there that can match these 2, with ALL the given variables...I don't think these 2 can be beaten with the given variables.

If you do the math, 3 days for the seed to pop, 28 days veg, 49 days flower, 10 days to dry, 14 days to cure =

104 days @ 70g per plant - 10 plants SOG = 700g in optimal conditions and bud is cured and ready to smoke...Every growers dream...And it is obtainable due to the resilience of these things....

There is nothing faster that pushes that kind of yield...And if there is, I would love to know

Cheers

6. Those a broad estimates, you will most like never get 700g m/2 if you dont have a huge light to grow your plants, THC also depends on many variables. You mayb get more or less 5% THC in one batch if you change your methods. There are no such "best strain" it depends on what you want, if you want to go for heavy yield, Think Big is a great one, if you want tons of flavor, i would try straw berry kush, if you want a verry cerebral high, go with purple kush...

7. I see your point

Thanks

8. I under stand the variables. You probably won't finish flowering that in 7 weeks considering i have rarely seen someone pull a harvest at "suggested" time. And about the yeild, once again that's in certain situations. An expert grower with the exact right tools and optimal conditions and perfect wattage per sq ft might be able to pull of the "suggested" yeild , but when looking for a strain to grow you need to take everything with a grain of salt.
    Don't just think because they said means so. I've done research on strains that should flower in 8 weeks that take 14 depending on enviroment/medium/nutrients/lighting/ the whole works.
    There is no best strain, just best phenotype grown by the best grower. Maybe start by picking something you personally like, or you can use the numbers stated in the grow data, but don't expect it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lol 14 day cure if your a magical chemist i guess if you like harsh weed...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I prefer to wash, then a 14 day hang, then a night tied in a garbage bag to see what the humidity is. If its between 58 and 62 i jar it with a boveda and shove em way back in the closet for at least 2 months. Never have i run out and had to pull any at 2 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

11. Nice opinion bro....

12. Thanks for your input...I guess I was just looking at it on paper and overlooked a few other variables...There's a method to my madness haha...I guess the best way is to find a solid pheno and clone it...Then run a uniform set of clones with topping, LST and Lollipopping...I am curing in jars with a Boveda humi pack at 60% consistently...On day 14 and it still tastes a bit harsh to be honest yes...How often do you guys burp? I did it daily for 10 minutes in the first week, now I'm opening every other day...

13. Yeah, 28 day veg? Those will be some pretty small plants. I guess if you have ten of them maybe it will work. I never got good yields from smaller plants. I switched to growing fewer larger plants. I got 2 pounds out of a 4x4 with 750 watts and 4 plants but 2 hardly counted. They were moms that I threw in there to clear out the veg tent. I only got 4oz's off the 2 moms together. I only really flowered 2 large plants. One was 15oz's by itself.

49 day flower period? Is that from day of 12/12 switch? I'll believe it when I see it. 64 days is my personal best. Only one pheno I've had can do that. Most other plants are around 80 days if you want them actually mature. Powerful lighting helps speed up maturing time.

I use integra boost 55% packs. I burp daily for the first week 10 minutes a day or so. After the first week with the humidity packs you barely have to open them much after that. It depends on how dry you let them get before jarring.

14. Wow 15oz off of one plant! My best is prob 2oz with limited space! :)
    True! The last lot I did took 3 weeks before they even showed sex
    Thanks for clarification on the curing! Glad I'm doing something right ;)

I didn't flush my last batch properly as I read a stupid statement about organics saying that you don't need to flush organics...over 70g tastes chemically and harsh and can get headaches...Is there any way around this?

Living and learning! :)

15. P.S - For the dry, I run a dehumidifier in a seperate room to maintain 55% and to test the buds, I will take a small chunk from the biggest one and see if it grinds properly...Usually in the cardboard box I use, it takes 7 days for popcorn and about 10 days for the bigger nugs before I jar...

16. 28 day veg isnt bad aslong as you have enough light and keep it on 24/7

17. Weed is to some extent like women one mans princess is another mans bar fly....if not we would all be driving black fords

• Like Like x 1
  18. I am running 8 seedlings right now of the Critical 2.0 under a Mars Hydro 300w LED unit with just the Veg switch on so 150w right now on 24/7 :) Cheers for the heads up!

19. I hope you got a bigger light than that

20. Organics done right don't need to be flushed. It's pointless too. If yours tasted chemically then something's up.