Is their any chance of some cool inventions in the future?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Cold Play, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Lets say I will die in 2090.

I was wondering, is there any credible predictions of upcoming technological advances? I ask this because I don't see much to look forward too right now.

By technological advances I mean stuff like:
    Virtual reality simulator
    Robots
    Human Cloning
    Better transportation
    New devices
    etc...

I know its a kind of silly question but im really curious.

2. Moores law suggests that there will be many leaps in technology over the years.

3. You should watch.Ted talks

4. They're getting closer to growing organs and have dual ventricle devices now where you don't even need a heart

5. Agreed. If you want to see some cool stuff, you should check out TED.

6. #6 g0pher, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012

7. Nanotechnology, advancements in carbon nanotubes (strongest material ever created), longer life-spans, gene manipulation.

Though, I think you're overlooking how amazing technology is today. It is advancing quite fast and you already have plenty to look forward to. I mean, you can buy a Terra-byte hard drive for relatively low price these days. The cost of memory will keep decreasing until we will virtually be able to have unlimited space. Our cell phones are robots in themselves (Siri). You can download emulators for gameboys you used to own as a child. Be happy with what we have, it is quite amazing!

8. electric flying cars ?

9. Don't hold your breath. Flying cars won't exist anytime soon because ... there's no practical reason to make them when its cheaper and easier to stick to standard model.

10. [quote name='"rollinjoints"']

Don't hold your breath. Flying cars won't exist anytime soon because ... there's no practical reason to make them when its cheaper and easier to stick to standard model.[/quote]

I agree. Part if the reason some technology won't come around any time soon is because of.practicality.

Also money. There are no eclectric cars now because gas makes money. The electric car industry is kicking off a little but oil is money

11. #12 wowgabewow, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
    actually they are already starting to come out
    279k for this baby :D

Terrafugia Transition
    Terrafugia - Transition<sup>®</sup> the Roadable Light Sport Aircraft : The Vehicle

not electric though :/
    I don't even wanna imagine what these owners are paying at the pump LOL :eek:

12. That's exactly what I was going to say. If the presentations at TED don't wake our asses up to just what an exciting time it actually is to be alive, nothing will. Stop watching the goddamned news and political shit and watch how our heads change toward more positive aspects of our very real lives.

13. Virtual reality is going to get so fucking good.

Also, robots are going to become really really common in society.

A lot of service jobs, like doormen and police, will most likely become replaced by robots.

14. Well there is the 2045 initiative, even if their main goal doesn't work out (cybernetic immortality) their short term goal will be amazing (by 2017 they want to be able to mass produce avatar android bodies, that you can interface with directly via your brain. Like you would where a helmet or something, and be able to control a robotic android avatar just like it was your own body.)

15. They designed it so it can be driven and flown on regular gas, filled up at the pump like other cars

16. #20 *ColtClassic*, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah, I kinda figured but was too lazy to click on the link..... lol

:eek: