Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is the work bag of bubble hash worth making canabutter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Blazex1, Oct 9, 2012.

1. What is the value of the work bag and even scraps in the 160u bag. Can i make it canabutter with it?
    Do any of you guys do this? Or even put the left overs through the bubble bags twice?
    I know i can iso and butane it again but id really like to cook with it if i could.
    So blades do you have some secret grams of trim to serving ratio formula you can let me in on?

2. I don't even like to give a 'set' or strict grams-to-oil ratio for flowers in my tutorials, because not only does the potency vary from one strain or batch of flowers to the next, but so do the tolerances of the average users! :eek:

A single bite from a high-tolerance patient's brownies, could send another patient into a spiraling green-out, while half a tray of a low-tolerance batch of brownies may do nothing for a high tolerance user.
    A common 'industry standard' dose is 0.35g flowers per edible, but some patients need only half that amount, while others need several doses that size.

So when working with flowers, rather than a set amount, I suggest using the same or a little less than you'd usually smoke during a session (or over the course of a day, for heavy users), per dose, for a stronger, longer-lasting experience.

Which unfortunately, doesn't really help you with trim! :eek:

So while yes, you can definitely use it for edibles as-is, your best bet would be to make a concentrate like you've already mentioned, if you want an idea of the dosage situation beforehand.

That way, you'll know exactly the amount of glandular material you're working with! :yay:

Potency varies a lot with trim (herb too), even before it's been hashed out! Regardless of any ratio suggestion you may get here, infusing trim directly into the oil will still leave you wondering until you've sampled it.... which is another option. :)

You can always just make your oil, using as little oil as possible (knowing it's going to be weaker), then sample it by the teaspoon until you hit 'your dose' :). :smoke:

I'm sorry that I couldn't give you any concrete answers, but I hope this was just enough insight to help you decide which direction you'll be attacking from! :D

Good luck! :wave: