Is The wire over-rated?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Skywalker298, Mar 11, 2014.

1. I watched season 1 it started off slow,but it picked up and it was good,Season 2 is starting off pretty damn slow and boring what do you guys think?

2. season 2 is just way different going from the streets to the shipping docks takes time to get used to thats all imo

3. Yeah its starting to get good alittle one thing thing I dont understand though.Why do they try to buy windows for the Priest? 

4. #4 Johnny Blazed, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    its just a pride thing between the polish cops/fire fighters and dock workers

it is crazy tho how much shit that dickhead cop valcheck goes thru to fuck frank over just because he's pissed about that window lol

dont worry tho seasons 3 and 4 get back to the streets

5. Hell no. There's a reason why so many people call it the greatest Television Drama ever made. 

6. Its good but It doesn't have the great dialogue True Detective has

7. #7 CaliforniaKing, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014

Dude first off you're comparing what is basically a miniseries to a 5 season long television show. If you were to look at it as a show, you're comparing the first season of a show to a 5 season long show. Either way you're measuring those eight episodes against the whole of The Wire, and True Detective just ended. Allow some time for the newness of it to ware off. 

True Detective is a drama about the darkness inside man told through the lens of homicide detectives. There are many great things about it, but the story is hardly revolutionary. You're on season 2 of The Wire. Watch the show. It contains more commentary on the justice system, criminal organizations, inner-city politics, poverty, addiction, ambition, and crime than any other show you're likely to ever see.

Like I said. There's a reason for all the praise it's received.  

EDIT: As for the dialogue, to each it's own, but The Wire is one of the most quoted shows of all time. 

8. Hahahahahahaha

9. Although, as a whole, The Wire ranks as one of the greatest dramas in the history of television, the quality does vary a bit from season to season. Season 2, involving corrupt longshoremen and human smuggling is the low point of the series. Seasons 3 and 4 are the best; with season 3 following the war (minor spoiler) between the Barksdale and Stanfield organizations, and season 4 following the indoctrination of the "corner boys" into drug dealer culture and the dysfunctional public school system in Baltimore. 

Season 4 is the best of them, in my opinion. 

10. McNutty is awesome. I like season 1, two was a little long winded but overall my favorite series EVER I favor the realistic view of the show. 

Omar had to be my favorite character, thief of thieves  

11. Brother Mouzone. Enough said.

12. This is a great show I found all the seasons to be very different in there own ways but overall a very good watch and the realism is spot on with what ppl in areas like those deal with

Sent from my LT15a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. It was realistic in some ways but other shit was just out there...hamsterdam...police faking a serial killer while hiding it from the department...

14. I downloaded the series of The Wire a couple weeks ago. I just started season 5. Season 2 was my least favorite. But man season's 3 and 4 are some of the best television I have seen. I finished the season finale of season 4 a few hours ago. Man I was sad to see it end. Only 8 more episodes left.

I am gonna be in need of a new show to watch. 

15. That good hmm?I stopped at season 3

16. #16 Jerzeslugga, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo