Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is the wick really worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OrigPurpleHaze, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I'm fairly new to the wick game. But a few of my friends INSIST on using one ALL the time. I get it, its cool. The herb does taste better. I would even compare it to a vaporizer hit taste.

But I dunno, call me lazy, just seems like too many things goin on for me and its awkward trying to hold a pipe, a lighter, and a wick at the same time and trying to use all 3. I feel the same about m vape, too many steps.

So my question is... Do you bother with the wick? Is it really worth it?

2. I like using hemp wick,
    but i don't use it all the time,
    but if i have it in front of me i do.

Just use a candle to light it,
    and you can let the wick burn as long as you want.

Just tap the ash off like you do a joint,
    and keep it tilted up when you have the flame the size you want.

3. I use bee wax covered hemp wick that I make myself instead of paying their outrageous prices. I definitely notice a better taste (IMO).

That being said, it is a gimmick. There is nothing wrong with using a lighter. Despite what people may say about inhaling butane if you know anything about chemistry you know that you are not inhaling butane.

4. Then what are you inhaling since you know so much about chemistry.

Hemp wick isnt a gimmick, its better than a lighter.
    Agreed there is nothing wrong with a lighter, but hemp wick(even store bought) is for sure worth it.

5. The fact that it might be healthier is negligible to me, it could be worse for all we know, however it tastes a lot better so I still use it.

Might try out a torch or hakko sometime soon though.