Is the USA Government out of control and corrupt.Is it time for revolution?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maulcoy, Jan 18, 2011.

1. #1 maulcoy, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
    Do you trust your government.Are most of the people in it corrupt?Do you see something like Tunisia coming here?

2. The only reason our current government even exists is to subvert wealth from the lower classes to the extremely wealthy (special interests). They do this through the private prison system(drug war), military-industrial complex (war in middle east), and federal reserve.

Considering our current National Debt, there is no question of whether our country is a complete failure or if it will collapse. It is simply when.

Perhaps something like a revolution would speed up this process, but no one is going to partake. Everyone is complacent and ignorant. To be honest, I know I wouldn't be partaking.

3. I agree.
    I think our system is FUCKED UP through and through, but I don't think a revolution is even realistic at this point... just an ideal, an illusion of choice..

4. Glad to see another awake person.It's been a while.Been getting mugged by two ,the world is fine and the government is great preachers for 2 days while others that feel the same as me pussed out over their pressure.They are so invovled in convincing the people here not to prepare or to do anything to ready for the shit storm.How do pot smokers support a government that would toss their ass in prison for a plant??

5. #5 maulcoy, Jan 18, 2011
    The day those food stamps don't work and that SSI check bounces you will see total anarchy.

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

6. Yep, that is the way of the world. We will go from one extreme of complacency to another extreme of total chaos and civil unrest.

7. The reason why the system is fucked up, is because you have a central authority, with a monopoly status on law and force, and naturally, people who seek to inflate their own wealth and influence will attempt to latch onto the central power structure to exploit it. If you decentralize the authority, and don't give it monopoly status, you won't have the same problems. Monopolization leads to cartellization, and cartellization is the reason behind most of the problems today. The drug war, the military industrial complex, the corrupt financial services industry, corporations, etc. If there was no centralized power to exploit, there'd be less corruption. There'd be less moral hazard.

The possibilities are endless.

8. #8 maulcoy, Jan 18, 2011

This would work but you'd never get em to try it.

A township, city or village, has sovereignty over the county, the county over the state, the state over the US government.If you dont' like the laws where you live find a place you do.You will have a wide range of choices this way to live as you see fit barring hurting another.

It now works the other way around.The Fed Gov. says hey you want money for your highway or schools or whatever then you do as we say.Or we don't care that your citizens voted for medical marijuana we are going to bust you on the federal law, remember that shit?

9. I wish our government would be so bold to adopt an autocratic one-party system.

It is that time the liberty tree must be watered with the blood of the patriots.

10. Let's see if water works first...:D

11. Have you ever heard of the 60's?

12. Careful dudes, DHS is probably putting you all on the no fly, No gun list as we speak. :eek:

13. Not sure if serious(?)

14. Yeah, all those enlightened "hippies" are now the white collar scum we need to be worried about. Their fathers were talking about "getting those Reds", now their sons are talking about "getting those terrorists".

There's always a convenient enemy. After the Soviet Union fell, we needed to find some new enemies. The Muslims of the middle east were the perfect alternative to communists. Reagan built up this huge military, and a huge proliferation of weapons, then there's nobody to use them on. All these killing machines, but nobody to kill. That's a problem..... but not for long.

15. Yeah, I'm serious.When the Gov. is bankrupt and the dollar worthless and the programs like food stamps and wick go down.People will be pissed cause they will finally realize the government stole their rights & money and sold it for pennies on the dollar.

16. #16 PhillGates, Jan 18, 2011
    I think I'll blame society before I blame the 'merican gob'ment for all of our problems. Like morefreedom said, people are too ignorant and complacent to care about what goes on, but some of the same people may as well be responsible for helping maintain these scumbag politicians their tenures and corrupt agenda's.

Until some type of logical thinking bomb strikes the general public, the government can only be seen as a good idea in my eyes.

I guess I misunderstood; my apologies.

17. Does it need a complete overhaul? Most certainly.

Time for a revolution? Not there yet.

If you make a peaceful revolution impossible, you make a violent one inevitable - JFK

While things are beyond fucked up, I see no need for a revolution. Still, I highly support the 2nd Amendment for that time. Until then, I can see the population still rising up, and fixing our country like we should.

18. Anyone who voted revolution instead of overhaul is living in a fantasy world.

19. I dont think they understand the difference. Revolution just sounds cooler

20. Haha a revolution will never occur... If it does I'll join in arms with my brothers.