Is the UK taking steps back

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by p42082, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Legalising cannabis is not going to happen in the UK.

Although overall cannabis consumption is down, the strength of cannabis has gone up dramatically, about six or seven times stronger than it was a generation ago, it is the equivalent of people going from drinking a pint of beer to drinking a pint of neat vodka.

Just one silly quote from this article.

Cannabis will not be legalised, Home Office minister says - Telegraph

2. No. Change is happening and pressure is building, and eventually progress will be made. Want to help? Challenge ignorance and promote fact and science, that's how we'll do it

3. #3 nomoredoubts, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    Listen fella I know it seems like a long way away right now but something is changing in the UK the weed is getting much better people dont put up with shit any more the stuff I have been smoking lately is Dam standard every time and peoples views are shifting it was all that mass produced crazy Vietnamese slave gangs weed that fucked with peoples heads what gave weed a bad rep but now that shit is going more and more people are trying good quality weed and loving it.

Peoples views are changing its like no one is putting up with the bullshit any more, I sometimes have to remind myself this is still illegal in the UK because most people I know do not care about these silly laws any more.

My guess 2-3 years for back down to class C drug or decriminalization which is more less the same thing.

We all need to stay positive now more than ever this is the perfect opportunity for you to educate the uneducated people are sick of their government they are skint they are depressed this is where people have just had enough and they will listen if you word it correctly dont just be saying smoke weed tell them calmly how there are thousands of varieties and they all have their own healing properties and tell them that everything they read is a lie.

This is a stoners market its our chance to change the laws here in the UK we need to keep up the momentum given to us by whats happening in the US and remember stay positive non of this ''it will never happen'' talk it will happen trust me, dont hide away any more smoke and stand tall and be proud!!!!

The time has come for change in the UK............

4. I know what you guys are saying and i know you are right, our government just pisses me off. Once they realise how much tax money can be made it will be legal.

Just found this, some of you may find it interesting.

CLEAR: Cannabis Law Reform

5. Yeah, something like £6.7billion will be made annually on tax if we regulate on the UK. It's the ignorant MPs and the truth twisting news sources like the Daily Mail which are the problem. I think I read an article by the DM saying that cannabis kills 30,000 people a year. So frustrating. Also, when you try to talk to someone about legalisation and all the benefits they just look at you like just another stoner and ignore what your saying.

Stressful times.

Murm

6. Also, you posted exactly on 420... that's kinda cool, :)

7. I hear the DM is being sued by CLEAR for telling lies about Cannabis.

8. Thanks for sharing bro, i will look into that.

9. I literally cannot even hear cannabis being discussed in the British media, it infuriates me to such a level I hit insanity. Ridiculous propaganda and bullshit spouted by a half arsed media battalion, with no reasoning, no research, just a simple slogan, 'drugs are bad'.

10. The beer/vodka statement is such BS,implying that cannabis users are to stupid to regulate a dose when dealing with different strengths, no one buys vodka in pints if there isn't any beer.

11. This.

12. Not in the uk but Ireland.
    This was a poster onna bus.
    Not a great pic

But this is the propaganda bullshit people still believe!!

It's really annoying!!
    Especially when every1 in this country thinks theres nothing wrong wit getting pissed everyday of the weekend!!

Attached Files:

13. This is why the argument that more people will smoke it if it's legal is lost on me, so fucking what, more people smoking and less drinking dosen't seem such a bad idea with all the issues this country has with booze at the moment.