Is The U.s. Consitution For American Citizens Or For Everyone?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by letsmokeasweet, Jun 8, 2013.

1. #21 Iluvatar, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
    Good point.  Even if these jurors' views are distorted by their own culture's notions.  Its better than being subject to one person's judgement

2. I think that if we're going to be the shining example to the world that we set out to be with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution that we have an obligation to act out our creed, so to speak. Anyone that comes into this country is subject to our laws, so they should have access to our legal protections. You're innocent until you're proven guilty, regardless of what you're accused of.

3. Every person has the rights guarenteed in the Constitution and a lot more whether government recognizes it or not. 

4. I think the principals of freedom are universal but the US Constitution per say for everyone...they can draft there own to suite there people's needs and wants. 

The critical thing though is one can't give it to someone it has to be earned to be valued. Thats like anything in life though. 

As for as making the illegals in this country legal that most likely is going to fail this go around. They do not have the votes to get it through. 

As for the one world government your talking about. Fat Chance. EU is still on a slow train to destruction its just slow motion. All they have done is plug the holes in the dam. They have tremendous issues still. Spain, Portugal and others are on the brink of ruin just about. They really don't have a single government anyhow. There union for all intents and purposes only exists economically and not all to much at that. They have no main central bank that governs the economic policies of all the member nations. 

5. Hell, the Constitution wasn't created by the people for the people....it was created by wealthy men who no longer wanted to be in control of the crown. And well they also didn't want to give up slavery and oh yeah they wanted to keep the classes in this country separated so the wealthy elite could continue to rule then and into the future (now). The Constitution is nothing more than a piece of paper to pacify the masses into believing they are living in a democratic system, when in fact, they are living in a pure dictatorship ran by the same wealthy elite that tell you you have freedoms. Yeah I know it sucks to read, but it is the damned truth.

I think that depends on your perspective. I am not wealthy but not anywhere near poor. I do pretty well for myself.  All my needs are met and then some. Because of some various actions that that government has done I dont feel I live in a dictatorship. I express my opinion when and where I want at work home or about. Never any issues. I can do virtually anything I want still without any worries. Does not mean its perfect or far from it. Everything a work in progress and ups and downs. Were just on a down slope. What you have requires constant vigilance tempered with whatever the current mass numbers of the generation that currently exists wants. Its always been like that. 

As for the slaves that was a hotly contested issue if you read up. It was decided to address that issue at a later time. We sill have slaves today and we all love to use them. If we did not we would not buy the clothes, or electronics that we all love to use. See no evil hear no evil. 

A pure dictatorship well I would be arrested for thought violations or whatever ideology that did not fit in with the current powers. Dictators tend to have Cult of Personality as well. We do no have anything like that here. 

7. Yes, the slave issue was hotly contested, but not by the founders of the Constitution. They owned slaves and continued to own them after the paper was drafted. Jefferson wrote "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed" but he owned slaves until his death. G.W. owned slaves, all of the delegates from the southern states owned slaves. They wanted to keep their slaves, make no mistake about it. No cult of personality, eh? Read a history book that they make for grade school children and see if they mention any of the wrongs we as a country have done....that's right, they don't. They want us to believe that we are a great country of truth and morals but this country was founded on lies and deceit, quite literally. 

8. Legally its Americans unfortunately

I believe those are for everyone though

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #29 rhapsodyrcks, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013

The founders very well did talk about it. Not all had slaves many did. It was the nature of things back then. You look back from your perspective and are appalled but in there eyes it was not wrong. Just like in Africa there are cultures that force feed girls till they weigh over 150 pounds at age 10. Through there eyes its right. They have been doing this as far back as they can recall. Rules and laws are made reflect the age that we live in. Thats always been the case. 

Its legal I believe in West Virgina to beat your wife on the court house steps. Its a obscure law that never has been removed and was introduced in a different age. 

History is written by the victors. It always has. Japan..lived there for 3 years writes very little about WW2. In fact less then a chapter in there high school books is dedicated to it. They do not talk about the harm they did or the harm we did to them. 

Cult of Personality is the what North Korea, Stalin, Lenin practices. Statues of a leader everywhere, posters everywhere. TV shows glorifying there leaders in the most absurd ways. We do not have that yet. 

In North Korea when one commits a crime you go up North to the prison complex's they have there. You never are fed because you have to grow your own food. If you don't you die...which is basically the idea of it. There is no heat, no electricity. Its like Siberia there in the winter brutal and hard. The interesting thing is when you commit a crime which can be anything your whole family in many cases also go with you. In that land a offense is created by a defect and that genetic defect most likely runs in your family. So the whole family is sent up there. Usually that is also the punishment for any defectors if there discovered. Life sentence for all family members. For those going up there for limited amounts of time after it passes you go to "Ideology Training". One you come out your cured and once again believe in the Dear Leader and Great Leader. 

Whens the last time you experienced that? 

10. That is the most absurd thing i have ever read.

Agreed. I love forums not from some interaction perspective or community. I love them because of the shear idiocy that anonymity brings. The best though is Facebook. 1 billion humans all filled with notions of self importance with probably 90% of all posts utter dribble and drool, incorrect information or just plain stupidity.  

12. Hell no. It's the US constitution. We have our own constitution.

13. #33 Lenny., Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    Well, OP doesn't really know what he's talking about. The issue is whether a non-citizen is suspected of committing a crime on US soil. Or if he wants to speak freely or whatever. 

14. Oh I see. Well I guess in that case it depends on what is written in your constitution and what you guys want. In practice, your constitution doesn't apply to non-citizens right? I mean I suppose I couldn't spend my vacation in the US with a gun in my pocket.

15. In practice, it applies to whoever the government wants it to, and doesn't apply to whoever the government wants to, citizen or not. 

Right but they at least pretend it applies to all US citizens. Do they also pretend it applies to non-citizens on US soil?

17. They don't even pretend that anymore. 

18. Well I don't even know what to say to that. I feel sorry for you. Maybe after another George Bush is elected people will finally see that it isn't some fluke that is dependant on what president is in office.

19. #39 Lenny., Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    There's no hope. Just make sure it never happens to you. 

20. #40 Johnny Cash, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013

Of course there is hope. Usually when government goes too far, there will eventually be some kind of revolution. Might take a long time though.
    And I wish I could make sure this doesn't happen to us but I can't. I pretty much have to trust my fellow citizens and government to not allow government to get out of control. We're doing pretty well so far but the EU has me worried.