Is the toro macro worth it?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by ticklemefancy, Nov 26, 2013.

1. I've been thinking about getting a new dab piece seeing as how a 16 inch fritted disk tube sucks for concentrates. I've had my eye on a toro single macro xl for some time because its the perfect looking piece for me. Does anyone have any insight on this piece?

2. It's just personal preference... I'd rather have a cheap dab piece with a super high quality nail. Look into nail caps because those are super affordable and worth it. It looks like a toilet plunger that sits on the hot nail.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Benefits of the carb cap?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 Jimmy Carter, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    The carb cap allows you to vaporize all the oil at low temperatures for flavorful dabs, much like when you carb a regular domed nail.

As for the Toro, totally worth it! They have such nice rip, I never really got the hype behind them but after dabbing out of my buddy's, who is a Toro collector, I cant say anything else besides how good they rip... very hard to explain, they're just a really good hit.

5. [quote name="Jimmy Carter" post="19086230" timestamp="1385971643"]The carb cap allows you to vaporize all the oil at low temperatures for flavorful dabs, much like when you carb a regular domed nail.As for the Toro, totally worth it! They have such nice rip, I never really got the hype behind them but after dabbing out of my buddy's, who is a Toro collector, I cant say anything else besides how good they rip... very hard to explain, they're just a really good hit.[/quote]I run this ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386010113.343877.jpg And it's a dyd nail ... I have a HE infinity on the way. As this nail seems. I don't know. I've tried to hit it all different ways/temps with all different size dabs and don't ever really notice a difference.. I've made it glow and hit it right as it stops. I've not made it glow and hit it I've tried all different time variations like 30 second heat 20 second cool down hit it. I've hit it so cool halfway through the hit it just turns to a black bubbly pool in the bottom of nail never notice a difference. Hopefully will with the infinity.. ill let ya know Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

6. With those deep nails you need to carb your dome. Place a finger over the opening on your dome to restrict airflow, and it should vaporize that pool of oil at the bottom.

7. yeah were you carbing? if you're not noticing better flavor from low temp dabs, maybe you need good oil :p

8. [quote name="Jimmy Carter" post="19088839" timestamp="1386021069"]yeah were you carbing? if you're not noticing better flavor from low temp dabs, maybe you need good oil :p[/quote]no I'm sayin the taste doesn't change. Tastes good all the time lol.. Pretty sure I have good oil ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386022424.983290.jpg Camera does no justice but I use really nice dank bud and London butane Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386022667.976479.jpg thats 2nd run of a dehydrated oz and a half :)Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. I have a Toro Macro and I'd say yes and no. It depends if you're one of those people who really like to have a connection with a piece AND have the funds for one. If you're not worried about buying a used Toro then I would go that route first as that's what I did. I bought mine used and it was broken at one point but reblown by one of JP's apprentices and converted to a male stem. With that being said this piece is a monster. I see why these sell for $500+. I used to be all about the chinese knockoff stuff until I got my own Toro because it truly has spoiled me. No matter how hard I pull it I can't get water to hit my mouth and the flow is just perfect. The showerhead is blown with the upmost precision. It's a phenomenal piece!

11. I have a double macro toro in slyme and I love it honestly It was one of the best investments ever made.

You can really tell what you pay for once you compare it to other glass.

12. So I ended up getting the macro isf in slyme. Amazing buy

13. Any pics?

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387382876.065600.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387382898.005113.jpg
    Obviously my shitty iPhone camera won't do the piece justice, but its a damn sexy piece

15. Enjoy that toro. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum