Is the s3 worth it?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Eurosports342, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Just saw the Black Friday ad for best buy and also noticed a thread previous to this about the Galaxy s3, how does it compare to the iPhone? I currently own the Ip4 and I'm completely dissatisfied with the volume loudness and the battery life. I once owned an htc inspire but quickly started to hate it. What makes the s3 so great?

2. #2 Vip-xXx, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
    Before i bought a S3 i had been using iPhones for 5 Years. Let me assure you that the phone is absolutely amazing and smooth.

Notifications on the S3 are amazing (Shows you everything including the Email text) iPhones only show that you have an email or a Missed call. (Callback and Text comes up in your notifications when you have a missed call

To call someone instead of searching for the name you type the name into your call pad and it automatically brings there number(Example: You want to ring MaryJane, Type 62795263 or just the first couple or letters and it auto comes up)

JellyBean(Software Update) Which has just been released for the S3 is in my opinion SMOOTHER than iPhone 5. Youtube Jelly Bean

You can customise about anything on your phone.

My College Coursework is on saved on my phone. (I can open and edit any Microsoft Office File or even do your work straight from your phone)

Ok so lets say Your looking through a contact and want to ring them, Instead of clicking on there name and then clicking the number(As you would do on a iPhone) Just click the name and bring up the phone to your ear and it will ring.

Sharing is so much better on the S3 as you can Share about ANYTHING through ANY program you wish. (Facebook picture sent to someone on whatsapp? no problem) LITERALLY ANY PICTURE/VID/MUSIC/FILE/FOLDER can be sent with no LIMITATIONS

Let's say your going through a website and you come across a Video on that page, Because the phone has flash you can watch the video on the webpage your on without having the phone to open youtube or whatever its on.

Most programs installed on the phone have Widgets which are different from just seeing Icons. (For example the facebook app has a Widget which shows me the latest two status updates) (Not just 1 widget per app. Example, Facebook has around a couple. 1x1 2x1 4x3 and so on...

Any questions?

3. Android is far better than iOS. Widgets give you live information without having to open apps or give you expanded control over your device without going through menus, the notification system is more advanced yet easier to use (also notifications show an icon in your status bar so you know there's something there unlike iOS), there's more customization options, it has actual multitasking with better task switching...there's rooting and installing custom operating systems if you're feeling geeky and want the most out of YOUR device.

4. The only complaint I've heard about the s3 is the durability, I hear it's a super thin phone and is easily breakable.

5. Having never owned one I say that's entirely possible. I know my EVO isn't the most durable device on the market but I take care of it and it's never broken.

6. I wouldn't trade my S3 for anything. My fiance has the Galaxy Note 2, and while I absolutely love, it's just too big for me. I also have HUGE hands and am a pretty big guy. I just don't enjoy the feel of it. The S3 is the perfect size.

You can get an Otterbox Defender for it and you won't ever have to worry about it. I've literally dropped mine down small slopes on outcrops doing field work that were pure rock and it takes it. They're about ~$25 cheaper on Amazon also. ;)

Also, mother fuckin' Jelly Bean. If you have to use a provider that doesn't have Jelly Bean yet for the S3 still get the S3 because they are rolling out with Jelly Bean for it very quickly. (As in this month and the next) :)

7. Also, on the subject of volume loudness, if you're dissatisfied with how loud the s3 can get, there's apps available which boost your volume and some also include eq...you may need to root to do that though.

8. Sold my S3 for the note 2. The S3 is great but the note 2 blows it out of the water big time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using GC Forum

9. Well now it looks like i definitely have to get a new phone, My iphone 4 took a shit on me

10. I got my girlfriend an S3 for an early Christmas gift, plus I wanted to play with one.

The S3 is comparable speed-wise to my Galaxy Note 1 which is rooted running Jellybean. I do notice lag when typing or browsing web pages too quickly on the S3. No such lag on my Note.

I have not rooted the S3. The lady doesn't want me too since the phone is very fast as is. However, I have a feeling that rooting it and removing all of the pre-installed Verizon apps would help speed the phone up faster than my Note 1.

11. 49.99 you can't beat that but seriously get the note, it's boss. If not that the Otimus G , both are quadcore's.