Is the MFLB worth it?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CallMehTep, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Trust me, I'm doing it right. And 12 can satisfy, but that's not what I was saying, I have no idea where you got the idea I was (maybe read the post?); I said that two would not last the four hours it takes to charge the other two.

2. Maybe you need to take a t-break then. I've smoked damn near every day for the past 3 years and two batteries should get you high enough for 4 hours.

It's a portable vape that serves it's purpose, and for 100 bucks. There's cons to everything, and you're picking out the one con of the mflb. It's still silent, gives you a great high (if you're using it right, which I question despite you saying you know how), conserves bud, and is just a nice simple piece to have. Ever heard of bang for your buck? Yeah..

Four 2700 batteries should be plenty for a person that's out and about.

And for those of you reading in on this, pay little attention to this centizen dude, he's a hardcore hater. But we can all tell that already I'm sure

:D

3. Figured since there was no way to convince you I actually know how to use the damn thing I'll just make a video and you can tell me:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATo3sEt1UEk]Hey, am I using it right? - YouTube[/ame]

And fair enough; there are cons to everything. But when people are trapesing around writing reviews that peg it as the best thing ever I'm gonna speak up; because I don't want people to be mislead like I was. This whole fued started because of the that review in the MFLB appreciation thread that I took issue with; and then everyone puked all over themselves because I didn't treat their annointed box with respect. You brought it in here, not me.

My tolerance is high; but not incredibly so. Two solo stems and I'm good, less than .2 grams. T-Break is not an option; I medicate for severe nausea and that happens every day of my life. So there's that.

But anyway, run out of arguments, call me a hater, and chalk up a win. It's so easy, isn't it?

4. mflb is worth it with 2700 batteries. gives much more vapor and better high than the stock batteries

5. The MFLB isn't worth the $10 worth of parts used to make it. It's really easy to get caught up in the hype by browsing through a few overly-positive reviews, but two weeks after you buy it you'll start to hate it.

I tried everything to keep this thing alive, I bought the 2700's, even the fucking power adapter. I know I was doing it right, too. The MFLB always ended up blackening the weed a little bit but for the most part, full vaporization usually was achieved. Too bad it took a long ass time just to use a little bit of the weed because the heating element is about as useless as a white crayon and can only barely produce minimal amounts of vapor in the time it takes to fill up your lungs sucking on the damned thing.

It's also really easy to break, my first one got a tear in the screen that seemed to happen for no fucking reason and the second one I got quit heating right. My third one is currently sitting in my closet collecting dust, I didn't even bother to make sure my warranty was still active after receiving my last replacement because it's an unused POS.

On another note, portability meant nothing to me. I'm not in high school anymore, so getting high in restrooms and public parks isn't something I'm known for. I get high in my house, maybe at a friend's house every once in a while, but that's it. The battery life was sub-par anyways, the few times I did tap into the portability aspect I always had to bring and extra set because they drain so damned quick.

The MFLB is an over-hyped, cheaply made piece of shit that should stop being put up on this high and mighty pedestal by everyone who reviewed it the first week they had it. Buy something better.

6. The guy above me is entitled to his opinion, however i will say that it is an awesome piece of machinery. It won't get you fucked up in the same way a bong will. However, even with a tolerance of a person that smokes 1 to 2 times daily, this thing rips me up. I'm a college kid, so i will say i did get it for discression. We can just walk around in a group of 2-4 people and vape at night, or sit in a few different places.

Just now, for instance, i vaped 3 bowls with 3 people and everyone got nice and high. Sooooo it works alright.

Had it for over a month too, so while that isn't a huge amount of time, it is still enough for a review in my opinion

7. ^ I agree with all of that except for the last part. Its constructed well and has a nice simple design. But overall no its not worth it. I wish I would have spent the money on a nice bong, or saved some money and got a bowl or bubbler. Anything other than the mflb would have been nice.

8. I will admit that it's at least put together nicely, but all the parts are low-budget. Even though the $120 price tag might make it seem top-end, it's very cheaply made.

9. i dont have the mflb but from what ive read over time some people love it and praise it like jesus others hate it more than police, Imo for 100$ its not worth the risk of hating it when you can get an extreme q for 50$ more

10. saved me $200 worth of herb using it in the last 2 months. so if i stopped using it today it would still have been worth the purchase

11. #31 gizmotoke5000, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    I just got my MFLB about a week ago - I was going camping with some squares and it was a super-stealthy way to take the occasional hit throughout the day without being noticed, and ripping through 2-3 trenches (I use a fresh battery with every trench-load, then go back and re-use my batteries after I've used each one for a fresh trench - I use three batteries which is good for 4-5 trenches full of weed) at night.

I now use it with the adapter on my small hammerhead bubbler with interchangable downtube. Taking a hit takes about 10 seconds, but it's a nice and satisfying hit that even my veteran stoner friends swear is sufficient, at least that's what their red eyes were telling me.

One thing I don't like is that it will ignite the weed under some circumstances, which is probably bad since the heat of the fire likely isn't great for that super tiny mesh, plus then the stink goes up. I notice that my vaped weed is not "golden brown" like it is when it comes out of my buddy's volcano - it's crispy BLACK. I still save it anyway :p

Can anyone link to some quality NiMH AA's on Amazon that have wrappers that simply come off and are not adhered? I have TONS of AAs but many are very old and don't provide enough juice. I found that the included batteries work very well - I think they're just 2000 m/h Eneloops.

My biggest problem may be with getting the weed ground well enough - I use a clone of the 67mm SpaceCase 2-stage grinder and I don't think it's finely ground enough - can anyone suggest a good cheap grinder that I can order online?

12. Someone suggested grinding your herb 20 times to the left and 20 times to the right , it got my finished product looking more like it should. I have a 2-piece small space case btw.

13. I held it upside down and ground the living shit out of it over and over - My current supply is somewhat "sticky" (contains bits of sticks or whatever) though and maybe that's why the consistency is not so fine.

14. Use a magic bullet, will turn it to fuckin dust if you want.

15. .

lol.

16. #36 CentiZen, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    [quote name='"gizmotoke5000"']I just got my MFLB about a week ago - I was going camping with some squares and it was a super-stealthy way to take the occasional hit throughout the day without being noticed, and ripping through 2-3 trenches (I use a fresh battery with every trench-load, then go back and re-use my batteries after I've used each one for a fresh trench - I use three batteries which is good for 4-5 trenches full of weed) at night.

I now use it with the adapter on my small hammerhead bubbler with interchangable downtube. Taking a hit takes about 10 seconds, but it's a nice and satisfying hit that even my veteran stoner friends swear is sufficient, at least that's what their red eyes were telling me.

One thing I don't like is that it will ignite the weed under some circumstances, which is probably bad since the heat of the fire likely isn't great for that super tiny mesh, plus then the stink goes up. I notice that my vaped weed is not "golden brown" like it is when it comes out of my buddy's volcano - it's crispy BLACK. I still save it anyway :p

Can anyone link to some quality NiMH AA's on Amazon that have wrappers that simply come off and are not adhered? I have TONS of AAs but many are very old and don't provide enough juice. I found that the included batteries work very well - I think they're just 2000 m/h Eneloops.

My biggest problem may be with getting the weed ground well enough - I use a clone of the 67mm SpaceCase 2-stage grinder and I don't think it's finely ground enough - can anyone suggest a good cheap grinder that I can order online?[/quote]

They are eneloops, but 2300mah.

Powerex 2700's you aren't going to find for sale unwrapped, period.

Planetvape sells stock batteries unwrapped but only stock.

Just buy a pack of powerex 2700's and unwrap them yourself if you want 2700's. Goo gone does wonders to get the adhesive off.

If you like the stocks, just buy them off of planetvape pre unwrapped. Pick up a storz and bickel herb mill while your there too, its a 9 dollar grinder that's sharp as a steak knife

17. After a few uses of the MFLB, I never thought much of it. It was good, but not as good as the 'hype' was saying it to be. Turns out I was using the MFLB wrong. The speed and technique you use to inhale determines the temprature, and the temprature must be high for you to get enough vapor to get high. Now I use the MFLB every day and it is great!! Gets me high every time :D

The only con I can think of is it takes a while for you to finish one trench.

The MFLB may look like a cheap plank of wood, but if you actually use it, examine it and look inside you will see that the build quality of the inside electrical components is fantastic and very well thought out - it is designed to last and be efficient. It's definitely one of my favourite weed tools of choice, along with my bong and bubbler.

18. yea man exactly same with me, thats a common theme for mflb purchasers. It does take a while to get high. But i can see how that could be annoying for some but i enjoy it just like slowly smoking a joint. Sometimes im halfway through without feeling much thinking ive reached a tolerance.:confused:
    But then without fail 10 minutes later the seat belt light comes on...:laughing::hello:

19. #39 gizmotoke5000, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    I just enjoyed 2 planks of extra carefully ground bud (and I used it through my bubbler) and I'd have to say that this thing works great. I've not measured to see how many

brain wandered away

I'm not sure how many "bowls" from the Box would it take to fill a bowl for a large-ish bong slide. I bet I used 1/4 as much as I'd use if I were to bong it up and I feel pretty goddamn high.

FYI I ordered Powerex 2700 Mah AA's earlier today, as well as another grinder, but this one is the two piece Space Case, I guess it works well for really finely ground stuff (unlike mine) and it looks sweet and feels solid.

It's cool to know that the money I spend on these extra toys is basically free since i'm smoking more efficiently :)

20. [quote name='"gizmotoke5000"']I just enjoyed 2 planks of extra carefully ground bud (and I used it through my bubbler) and I'd have to say that this thing works great. I've not measured to see how many

brain wandered away

I'm not sure how many "bowls" from the Box would it take to fill a bowl for a large-ish bong slide. I bet I used 1/4 as much as I'd use if I were to bong it up and I feel pretty goddamn high.

FYI I ordered Powerex 2700 Mah AA's earlier today, as well as another grinder, but this one is the two piece Space Case, I guess it works well for really finely ground stuff (unlike mine) and it looks sweet and feels solid.

It's cool to know that the money I spend on these extra toys is basically free since i'm smoking more efficiently :)[/quote]

Planks = Trenches right?