Is the MFLB for me?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MyOldBongWater, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I'm sure these threads are here all the time, but I'd still like to hear what everyone here thinks.
    I've been smoking for a good while now and the benefits of vaping are attractive to me. My flatmate isn't too ganja-friendly, so the stealth seems appealing, like everyone else the efficiency of vapes sounds great, etc, etc. So I've been looking pretty hard at the MFLB, and before I pull the trigger, there are a few things I'd like to try and clarify.

I want a portable vape, but also one that functions well at home, so I thought it would be a good idea to get the power adapter with it. I don't expect it to magically transform into a desktop vape, but batteries seem pretty restricting. How much of a game changer is the power adapter, really? Is it worth the expense?

Secondly, are there any alternatives around that price point that functions well as a stealthy, portable vape but also plugs into the mains for better use at home?

I think that's about everything I want to know, thanks in advance.

2. #2 Yosh139, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
    Look at the pax, I've heard good things about it.

Edit: I'm an owner of an MFLB, it's good for portability and I like the battery charge (average is a battery per trench, I get about 3-4 trenches per battery), but really look at a Pax or a Solo, it seems like owners are more pleased with them. :D

3. I have a MFLB.. I like it a lot.. the batteries can be sort of a downer.. Though they do the job fine.. its more of a downer when you realize you didn't charge any of them... I don't have a PA mainly cuz I already have a desktop vape.. if i didn't.. i would definitely own the PA.. heard nothing but amazing stuff about it.. If for some reason I was to add another portable vape to my collection.. I'd get the Arizer Solo.. Arizer makes amazing vapes.. I am a proud owner of an Extreme Q

4. I have looked at the Pax and the solo, and whilst they look like great vapes, they're a bit too expensive for me. I'm not exactly rich at the moment, partly why I want a vape in the first place. I know I could just wait a bit longer, but I don't want to spend too much on a vape anyway, seeing as I've never actually tried it before (nor do I know anyone with a vape). From what I've heard, they also aren't as good for home use when the MFLB has an adapter, but there's not a whole lot to go on there. I'd rather have a good compromise between home and portable use. Sorry if that didn't make a whole bunch of sense.

5. It makes sense.

When you're buying a vaporizer, you're getting more active compounds from your herbs, because combustion gets rid of some. Over time, the vape pays for itself in the herbs it saves you.

I do understand that, I was skeptical about vaporizing, and it's not for everyone. You could buy a Vapor Genie, which is $60 and it still works good as long as you follow directions, and it'll give you a taste of vaporizing.

6. The MFLB is great if you're not trying to push large amounts thru it. I have a routine, I keep two batteries. When I get ready to vape up a trenchload I take the charged battery out of the charger and put the spent one straight into the charger. About every 2 months I need to get new batteries. I have another launchbox and another charger and another container of preground bud and a couple more batteries upstairs just in case I forget to charge it up.

7. I just got a pax for portable use and own a arizer extreme q for home use.

One thing to keep in mind with the pax is that it requires more herb to work properly and you really have to pack it in tight in the oven. With that being said, the pax is FUCKING AWESOME. The thing has taken me to new levels of high that i thought were not possible from a vaporizer.

8. high as fuck off a .1 trench, i bought extra batteries with it so batteries arent a downer. ive had it for a week. best purchase.

9. Although I do like the idea of a pax or a solo, it's not really gonna work for what I want it to do. Maybe in the future, I guess! seems like I'll go with the MFLB. One more thing, has anyone got the whip attachment for the MFLB? again, I'm not expecting it to turn into a full blown whip vape anytime soon, but I was wondering what kind of a difference it made, especially with the power adapter. Thanks.

10. Well, I've gone and ordered the MFLB; expecting it Wednesday. Decided against the power supply (for the moment), but looking forward to vaping my first trench.

11. mflb is best when you live with parents or smoke mainly weekends. Otherwise the solo or davinci would be better picks for similar prices.

12. Batteries are great but the PA makes it even better. Its a quality unit with an adjustable control temp