Is the grass greener on the other side?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mattopia, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, my name is Matt and was referred to these forums by a friend. I am originally from Connecticut but just moved to the Hamilton area of Ontario, Canada. Im not much for introductions, so hello! and whoever reads this, hope you have a great day. ^^

2. Conneticut to Canada? Why did you move out of the states? Is it any different living up there?

3. Moved up here for my girl that I met online. Living with her at the moment workin on getting a student visa. Customs gave me a real hard time coming through like I was making my story up but they gave me a 2 month temp residence for now that I will have to try to extend. Its a lot colder since they get lake effect snow like 5 days a week even this late in February. I only been here a month now but some differences.... They only sell beer at one store called "The Beer Store" and McDonalds has no dollar menu. Cigarettes come 25 to a pack and most of your change is in 1 & 2 Dollar Coins. People seem generally friendly and theres a strong sense of country pride here that I didnt really see in America. Canada t-shirts, hats, flags everywhere. The maple syrup is different but good. Cant find any green, so cant rate that at the moment. ^^ But that is all I can think of up the top of my head.

4. Thats cool. My friend went to canada on vacation and he liked it. he only stayed about 4 days, but he said The weed was alot cheaper. He said grams were like 10 dollars and it was all dank weed. Never got to talk to him long about his trip though.

how didnt you find weed yet? Unless your not realy looking for it..

5. Just havent been able to make any connections. I am afraid of askin around, Cant really afford to get deported. Hopefully I will meet someone soon.

6. Canada sounds awesome. Is it a long and difficult process to become a citizen? Canada is pretty chill about weed, you will bump into someone slangin dank soon enough.