Is the end closer than we think? part 2

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by IGotTheCottons, Apr 26, 2003.

1. the bible is the only good that is 100% true ( everything is proven) and jehovas are just a branch that decided hey! lets make our own religion. it can be traced to the exact person.

2. Have you guys ever pondered the fact that throughout your childhood, perhaps your mothers and fathers might have brain washed you into believing this stuff about Christ coming back. I am not trying to offend anyone, so please don't take my post personally, or offensively.. We all have our own opinions. The way I see it, I think Jesus came to earth, and all that stuff...But over the years the bible was probably told to the next guy standing on the Bethlehem street block, and it got alittle turned around. A burning bush people? Perhaps the guy that saw that took some shrooms, and was tripping, and there it was. Adam and eve had to sons, Cain and Abel. Somewhere in Genisis. it says that Cain had a wife all the sudden. Where the hell did she come from? And the largest point I don't understand. Why doesn't the bible talk about Dinosaurs? Why would God tell us you have all your life's to believe in me, but if you don't I'll throw you in hell and you'll burn, and be forgotten while I go sit up in Heaven for eternity? That's kinda cruel man. I'm not saying I don't believe, and I'm not scared of Armageddon, and the rapture, and all that, but some things don't make since. Okay, sorry if I offended anyone... Peace and love, and all that.

Alicia
    PS: But if there is an antichrist, and I am doomed for hell...Bush is probably our man. Yikes

3. "...We were searching for the secrets of the universe and we rounded up demons and forced them to tell us what they all meant. We tied them to trees and broke them down one by one. And on a scrap of paper they wrote these words. And as we read them the sun broke through the trees; 'Dread the passage of Jesus, for he does not return.'"
    -Nick Cave and the Dirty Three

4. eventhough that quote appears to be downing the Bible at first, it really isn't. here's why... the demons will deny, until the day they're locked in the lake of fire, that they're going to lose. even though they truely know it.

go check "End Times: Part 3"... i have a new one.

5. i forgot to respond to ubik and BuddhasPatio. first off, ubik, the jehovas witnesses are taking the 144,000 thing from Revelation. the passage of scripture they're using is talking about after the rapture, 144,000 JEWS will get saved and take the gospel and give it to others.

as for BuddhasPatio's post... my parents did no such brain washing. they don't like the idea that i'm as in to church and all as i am, but they respect the fact that it's my right to believe what i want. i believe what i believe because i looked at both sides (science and the Bible) and chose the Bible.

EDIT: i'd also like to make it clear that God doesn't send people to hell. they send themselves there for rejecting Him.

6. a bold statement indeed. let me see you back it up, hmm...

7. well, so far you're not doing a very good job at proving that statement wrong. every error, contradiction, whatever you've given to show the Bible as being wrong has been successfully explained. you may not believe the explaination, but it's an explaination. it was all right there in black and white how they weren't contradictions or errors. you just gotta look.

do you feel that science is true? if so, try backing that up.

8. Religion and science can't be compared!! Religion is for people to comfort in something religion explains stuff for the believers and that's that. Scienece is finding out why something happens, how it happens etc. it's about investigating life and everything that is linked to it (religious science is there but it doesn't have really good results so far, and there scientist who study religion too but that's it) You shouldn't be fighting each other, religion is believeing something even if it's proved to be wrong, but what I hate is when religion tries to out line everything else, You can't run a country/nation wwith religion, it won't work (well muslims base everything on koran).

9. yeah, and that's a *real* success!!

assumption is stagnation,
    curiosity is progress.

10. I could say so much right now.

First off, religion and science can be compared (anything can be compared). Religion tries to explain phenomena just like science, in fact that is how religion began. Science, if you ask me is inevitably going to fail, the truth can only be found through faith. I believe the truth is not communicable, and if you don't know what "truth" I am talking about, it is called many things, one name being God.
    Also, you don't go to heaven simply by believing in Christ. Christ showed us the way to live, he was an example for us to follow, not just believe in. One must follow in his path to divinity. Christ is inside all of us, we need only find him, but we must find him in order to go to heaven.
    Having faith in God will bring you happiness, but in order to get to eternal happiness, one must realize God, realize Christ within oneself; feel his love. I am saying this comming from a mainly Buddhist background, Buddhism being the religion that spawned my interest in spiritual matters.
    And as for the coming of Christ, it is only a matter of time. There is bound to be a manifestation of perfection every once and a while, as long as the conditions are set up, the anti-christ being a possible condition.