Is the bible just the governments agenda?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Matthewtrippy, Sep 18, 2013.

1. So I have been thinking lately been tired of hearing people say "oh the bible predicted 9/11" and " the bible predicted Damascus " no offense towards Christians at all but I feel as though the bible is there to mask over and distract the people from what's really happening in a way I just want to see what the blades have to say about this topic all comments are welcome .

2. #2 Matthewtrippy, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    [quote name="Matthewtrippy" post="18699534" timestamp="1379491253"]So I have been thinking lately been tired of hearing people say "oh the bible predicted 9/11" and " the bible predicted Damascus " no offense towards Christians at all but I feel as though the bible is there to mask over and distract the people from what's really happening in a way I just want to see what the blades have to say about this topic all comments are welcome .[/quote] Also that the government could in some way try too act out the bibles agenda in a way either one all discussion on this topic is welcome

3. I don't think it's the gorvernments doing. It's the broad comprehension of these broad profecies.

Sent from a pineapple under the sea.

4. You never know the government is very sneaky an will do any thing to confuse people from the truth .

5. The Bible was given to us to guide our lives. This country was great until people started straying from the Word. If we get back to Christian beliefs we will be great once again. The government is actually leading this country away from the Bible.

6. Yea I've actually had that same thought but I'd say its doubtful. Like the man above me said it seems like they're trying to lead us away from it. But you never know what the government is up to...

And a random thought, where we really better as a country when more people were "in the word"? We might have been but what if we were Better before the Europeans sailed across and brought the bible. Seems like it would have been a much more peaceful time way back when.. But then again I wasn't there so who knows what it was like

7. #7 Kuollut, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    The bible is a series of stories designed to show you right and wrong without directly telling you "you're wrong" because no one wants to hear that shit, and no one would positively respond to that.

And whether you're Christian or not, there is a lot if value to gain from reading it, and living the way it instructs (believing in god or not)

8. Religion is the opiate of the masses. - Karl Marx

I don't think it's their agenda but they definitely use it to their advantage. Especially the Republican party. There's nothing in the Bible that you wont learn just living life unless you're a sociopath. 

9. People are always going to come up with some story to make sense of a nonsensical world. There has always been somebody in history getting a crazy idea of what causes disaster whether it be mythical beasts or some guy from a thousand years ago predicting the occurrence of the disaster

Truth of the matter; nobody can predict anything other than making a guess of what is to come.

Oh, and secret government mumbo jumbo is bullshit. go watch some penn and teller or something.

10. yes OP, you just won the game

11. is this thread asking if... The bible was written by the government to cover up tragedies that some speculate as american inside jobs?

This much is all im going to say. We already think that out of the billions of galaxies full of billions of stars of which a great percentage of that "billion-billion" had planetary systems. That our god created us, humans on earth, in his image, and instructed believers to write his word in the Bible. 

We take it further by saying that it predicted an american tragedy in the infancy of the United States compared to many other long withstanding dynasties pack full of incredible tragedies. Its clearly human nature to apply great things such as is the Bible and try to make it reflect and serve us as much as we can make it. We also favor our own tragedies without lending an ear to worldwide problems. So... as long as cultures and countries live in self-satisfying bubbles (especially the US) it doesnt surprise me that we think 911 was so special and tragic that THE BIBLE predicted it specifically, and yet some americans believe the holocaust didnt even happen. Dumb.

12. #12 Matthewtrippy, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
    [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="18703147" timestamp="1379549174"]is this thread asking if... The bible was written by the government to cover up tragedies that some speculate as american inside jobs?This much is all im going to say. We already think that out of the billions of galaxies full of billions of stars of which a great percentage of that "billion-billion" had planetary systems. That our god created us, humans on earth, in his image, and instructed believers to write his word in the Bible. We take it further by saying that it predicted an american tragedy in the infancy of the United States compared to many other long withstanding dynasties pack full of incredible tragedies. Its clearly human nature to apply great things such as is the Bible and try to make it reflect and serve us as much as we can make it. We also favor our own tragedies without lending an ear to worldwide problems. So... as long as cultures and countries live in self-satisfying bubbles (especially the US) it doesnt surprise me that we think 911 was so special and tragic that THE BIBLE predicted it specifically, and yet some americans believe the holocaust didnt even happen. Dumb.[/quote] are you saying that the tragedy just so happen to match up and people applied that to the bible scripture ? And if so I see how that works and that is probably right but , but I still think 9/11 was a inside job . Which leaves the question of why recreate a scenario to match it? Idk just bored

13. I think it was too. But I dont think the government was like "lets look in the bible for ideas" I think they just did it. People saw some similarities and the media reported.

14. #14 AK Infinity, Sep 19, 2013

People don't have to be misled with gimmicks bro, the vast majority of people are like a mindless herd moving under the prompts from a few masters.  The people that are doing real damage to the Earth and this country don't have to hide in some bizarre shadow conspiracy.  The reality is the powers that be have such utter contempt for the people they prey on that they ply their trades in broad daylight and the average person participates without any qualms.  Yet, we have this merry band of dreamers that see the Virgin Mary on toast and Christ in a smoke cloud looking for shit that isn't even remotely real.

Want a conspiracy?  Why in the hell do we let ourselves get beaten right out in the open?  Why do we let people convince us to buy things we truly aren't interested in but we somehow would be cool to have?  People are far more gullible than you can believe.  Corporations,  [SIZE=11.818181991577148px]politicians[/SIZE] and bankers need no smoke or mirrors to be [SIZE=11.818181991577148px]deceitful, all they need is a public that doesn't want to see what's happening in front of them[/SIZE].  That's the conspiracy, human apathy.....

15. I do like how the extreme majority of believers in the bible/bible conspiracies have never even read the damn thing and never will. They just listen to others who have supposedly read it and follow their interpretations.

16. The bible has been used against government agendas, too.  Liberation theology.

17. #17 Iceni Toker, Sep 19, 2013
    Christianity was adopted by our ancestors because it's the perfect tool for making people servile, obedient and easy to control.
    The various pagan religions that preceded it focused too much on individual strength and pride, that made a population more volatile and unpredictable.
    The reason many countries adopted it was purely as a political maneuver, as if you were pagan, the pope will sanction raids and wars against your kingdom, for the benefit of Christian kingdoms. But as a fellow believer you have protection and can trade, mingle and play a bigger part in the international community than you would otherwise.

And what are the kingdoms on earth if not reflections of the kingdom of heaven? You have god, the king. The angles, his advisers. And the souls, the people.
    This get's in peoples subconscious and teaches them them to obey the hierarchy that enslaves them.

Worship Odin.
    Be Free.
    :D

18. I think you mean catholicism. There are many christian sects that were persecuted themselves by catholics and didnt try to run the world the way the catholic church did. its kinda sad how a relatively "pure" idea can be shaped to fit agendas

19. #19 Matthewtrippy, Sep 19, 2013
    [quote name="AK Infinity" post="18705010" timestamp="1379572286"]People don't have to be misled with gimmicks bro, the vast majority of people are like a mindless herd moving under the prompts from a few masters. The people that are doing real damage to the Earth and this country don't have to hide in some bizarre shadow conspiracy. The reality is the powers that be have such utter contempt for the people they prey on that they ply their trades in broad daylight and the average person participates without any qualms. Yet, we have this merry band of dreamers that see the Virgin Mary on toast and Christ in a smoke cloud looking for shit that isn't even remotely real.Want a conspiracy? Why in the hell do we let ourselves get beaten right out in the open? Why do we let people convince us to buy things we truly aren't interested in but we somehow would be cool to have? People are far more gullible than you can believe. Corporations,politicians and bankers need no smoke or mirrors to be deceitful, all they need is a public that doesn't want to see what's happening in front of them. That's the conspiracy, human apathy.....[/quote] I don't believe in the bible that's just my opinion though which got me thinking why is it for? It kinda numbs down the mind of followers to believing it was meant to happen when in reality it was the gov.and I also agree with what you have to say a lot it's the people that don't want to take a stand that make the world the way it is.

How many of Marx's other ideologies do you also believe?

In my opinion, True Christians do not SEEK an advantage over anyone...