IS THAT REALLY A COMPUTER SCREEN IN FRONT OF YOU?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by EarthWindWaterFire, Jan 1, 2014.

1. What reason do you have to believe there's a computer screen in front of you? Presumably that you see it, or seem to. But our senses occasionally mislead us. A straight stick half-submerged in water sometimes look bent; two equally long lines sometimes look different lengths.-BBC

2. you are comparing optical illusions which all have perfectly understandable explanations, to computer screens being something that our minds made up.

please stop trying to be insightful before you wind up making another thread thats 2deep4me

3. Good try though..

Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. how can computer screens be real if our eyes arent real

5. if there were more people online this would be a spiderman thread already :laughing:

6. waits for boatsandhoes to turn this into a 10 page thread...

7. #8 9xKitsun3, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    If it looks like a TV Screen
    And acts like a TV Screen

It muse be a stick.

8. Let's change what you said op. Have you ever thought about what does on during your tv or computer session? I mean if somebody was outside looking in they would see u inside a box (room, house whatever) looking at a screen. That's all you when u watch tv. Sit in a box looking at a screen.It creeped me out the first time I really thought about what I was actually doing. In my head I'm enjoy a tv program but in reality I'm in a box looking at a screen.....

9. I don't know why, but I hate "deep" questions like this, they are so silly.

The reason I have to believe there's a computer screen in front of me is because I purchased the screen, I set up the computer screen, I adjust how its image is, I can feel it, see it, etc. 

10. I see a cellphone. I'm doing it wrong.