Is talking to a girl with a boyfriend wrong? Why?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Champawattiger, Apr 4, 2014.

1. So there's this girl, gorgeous girl who I met during a composition class two years ago in college. I don't know her very well; other than the fact that she's hot and plays volleyball. (Basically she's a Facebook "friend".) Anyway we've been talking and texting a lot recently. I know she has a bf of three years and I really don't want to be that guy. I haven't said anything about him yet, but I know. We are supposed to be hanging out at a nature reserve tomorrow to smoke. What if something happens? I mean part of me says that I'm an asshole, and the other part says that there is nothing wrong, because if she's gonna cheat, she's gonna cheat...,,My ex and I recently broke up because she cheated, I wasn't that mad though, a little disappointed and ego hurt (I don't believe in polygamist relationships anyway, it was my first girlfriend). Just because I don't though, doesn't mean I have the right to infringe on anyone else's relationship though. I'm so conflicted, I feel bad, but I can't say that I don't want to sleep with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Monogamy is what I ment

3. You have my approval.

4. well youre single, no emotional ties to any one that would be hurt by this, shes the one that is going to make the decision to cheat whether with you er someone else...think youre ok...

5. #5 Zera, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    Why the hell would it be wrong to talk to her?

She's got a boyfriend, so what? Does that mean she's only allowed to talk to him?

Chill out. No sane person would think you're a bad person for talking to somebody just because they happen to be in a relationship.

Don't fuck her unless its an open relationship, but there's no reason you can't hang out.

I recently started a relationship, and now random other friends of mine have stopped talking to me as much or inviting me to hang out. I've even had people asking me "shouldn't you be with --- right now?" Which is all rather annoying. My life doesn't revolve around my relationship status, and I don't like other people trying to force it to.

6. express your concerns to her, be upfront, she'll respect it.   Something about how youre nervous, bc you really wanna fuck her, but need to be reassured that you wont offend anyone in the process.  it'll be a good segue into talking about fucking.

7. Something doesn't just happen. It takes conscious thought from both parties. For me personally, it I would never be comfortable, as a single female, spending time alone with a married/committed man. It just doesn't seem right.
    I don't think you should sleep with her, even if she would let you, unless she is willing to end things with her boyfriend.
    Don't be that guy.

8. Its all up to you man, if you want to do it then go for it. She's the one with a boyfriend, you dont owe anything to her boyfriend. If she wants to be a bad person and cheat, then its on her. Then again there are a lot of people who would claim you're an asshole for doing this, but im just one of those guys who don't give a fuck. I've never cheated while in a relationship, and that keeps my conscience clear. 

9. If you want to fuck that's one thing. Girlfriend material, that's another. Personally I'd pass. That's just me though.

10. I would pass. Imagine being in his shoes. Karma bro.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I'd pass on fuckinh but if u do don't expect a relationship

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I agree with this

13. I agree with these.

People may be saying you have no emotional investment and that it's on her to be the bad person, but this other guy is invested and done nothing wrong. You wanna risk ruining his 3 year relationship because you're hot for a taken woman?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. It'll be a lot of shit to go through, why go for a taken girl when there's plenty of free ones that you won't have to do so much work for. You will not get a relationship out of it, a healthy one anyway. If she's willing to cheat on her current with you who's to say she wont cheat on you with someone better. You're letting her have the cake and eat it too; spoiling the bitch in hopes of something you're not going to get. 

15. Show her your cock man, she will want it.

16. Do what you're going to do man.

But honestly, I can't wait till the thread about how this chicks boyfriend beat your ass with 10 of his friends for trying to put the move on his girl of 3 years.

Remember, like Marty Hart says, "a man's game, charges a man's price."

17. There is nothing wrong with talking to a girl who has a bf......... if that's all you're doing. If you don't wanna be that guy then don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. People talk about karma like it exists.... Give me a break. Id fuck her and then tell her BF if you really have a conscience. Make sure he doesn't waste any more of his life on a slut.

19. I wouldn't say it's wrong because I do believe the responsibility falls on whoever committed themselves to a relationship and has a duty to someone else. That being said it is pathetic though dude. And it says a lot about the character of the girl which makes me wonder why you'd even want to fuck someone like that. I mean I know it's not relationship but still. It seems not many people have standards for others just as respectable human beings any longer. It's pathetic.

20. just because there is a goalie doesn't mean you can't score.