Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is talking about marijuana kind of childish?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Stevn, Dec 18, 2008.

1. I understand the irony in asking that question in a forum about marijuana, but is it not pretty immature when the only thing to people's lives is weed? I think its okay to occasionally get on the internet and talk to random strangers about different weed and experiences and I'll do that with my good friends sometimes, but it is just weed.

I just don't really like always having to hear I smoked this white rhino and then this trainwreck; then if you disagree with a person you have to receive an earful about how YOU don't know shit about weed, MAN! I think it's all right for people to maybe discuss how they feel about weed when they first start and shit or when you are meeting a new smoker, but does it not get old after I while.

Don't get me wrong... I still love smoking and it is extremely fun.

Feel free to comment, add your thoughts, ignore, or flame... I don't really care

2. Um, I guess to each his own. I personally enjoy conversing about the herb its culture, but some others don't and just like to smoke occasionally.

3. I think there is much to talk about when it come to MJ. From the legal issues to potency to growing to smoking methods. After awhile it does get boring and mundane. I'd rather just smoke a blunt and talk about other things in life. I hate hearing about what crazy kind of weed someone smoked when they can't offer a picture or sample of the product, and I especially hate when they get offensive about my non-offensive comments about their ganja.

4. As Rauchen touched on, the thing with weed is that it comes with a culture. Cigarettes and alcohol don't really have a culture. Weed had music, styles, smoking devices, legality issues, etc. It's fun to surround yourself with the culture sometimes.

5. I think it's great to talk about weed with my other stoner friends, but I do think it's immature when a person talks about it ALL the time, or isn't careful about who they talk about it around because they think smoking is cool, and makes them cool, so they brag about it.

6. Yea your right there are other things greater to talk bout then just weed. To call it immature I dont know about that, but to each there own like stated above. I find myself talking about drugs in general moreso then just weed. Of course my conversations included other ideas and so forth.

7. I think it is more that I get annoyed with the bragging. I've smoke more than the majority of the people I hang out with, but I don't really have to make sure they know that. I'd rather toke up, listen to some great tunes or watch a movie, and perhaps talk about those things or even life. Of course sometimes I'll have a conversation about weed and how it makes me feel, but I don't feel the need to let everybody know what weed is and how it works like I'm a fucking pro or something.

8. Its funny you brought this up. I literally just got down talking with my dad about our weed adventures and shit. He had some hilarious stories. I enjoy talking about it with people. Just because it brings up good memories and shit. I don't do the name droppin shit, I'll just say, "Hey I got some nice heads that I smoked." - go on from there.

9. I am mostly here to give advice and take advice about growing, as well as check out people's pickups.

-C

10. Idk there's a lot to talk about man, it's much different then talking about something like alcohol or tobacco, there's an entire culture around it.

11. I think if you have got a good story then you should definitely tell it because I love hearing cool and funny marijuana stories, but I've also heard a lot of dumb stories like, "Dude, this one time me and my friends got REALLY high and we were like WOAH!" Then it goes on, "No, Dude! Seriously! We were really like baked out of our minds and we thought we were trippin like cuz we were so high."

I'm sick and tired of hearing that shit daily from my goofass roommate.

12. To add, I think if it is worthy and intellectual conversation it's fine. It can be annoying talking with like like novices (I hate to use that word) about really lame stuff that just makes you mad because they are so misinformed or if the conversation just goes nowhere.

13. Conversations on recreational marijuana use are no different than conversations regarding any other hobby.

14. Cannabis never gets old for me. Whether talking about its recreational, medicinal, or industrial uses, it's all good. There's a never ending amount of stuff to talk about. Hemp oil, utilization as fuel, government corruption, different strains, myths... the list goes on and on, and that's one of those times where I say that and mean it.

15. I could probably sit around talking about marijuana for hours, but my friends are not as interested I guess.

16. Sometimes I find it necessary to take a break from discussing it. I smoke alone and for medical reasons and I happen to love the culture as well.

And for the record, alcohol and tobacco do have their own culture although I don't drink or smoke tobacco. There are alcohol conisiuers and tobacco conisiuers just like there are cannabis conisiuers. I'm pretty sure we have all heard some people brag about certain alcoholic drinks.

"Hey Jennifer, last night was soooo crazy, I got soooo fucked up on the this drink + this drink combo I got fucked in the ass by 20 random guys!"

17. i cant stop talking about, my friends get annoyed im trying to stop just so mamy expericnes. like meen going high every where doing every thing high is it bad im starting to think... i dunno guys im out there i think i care to much of what other people think and i need to learn again how to do things with out smoking first... only thing where i live there isnt anyhtign fun to do, so we smoke. and i really like it, it helps me and shit man im at a stump

18. True, my friends and I always talk about the nights where we drink, however I like talking about weed because not that many people smoke, and I like typing out my thoughts. I smoke and can type in a marijuana forum so talking about it is cool.

And half or more of the things I type here are not about marijuana, it's about having something like a facebook of stoners, just something that connects stoners. :smoking:

Edit: I interpreted this a little differnently..

19. Haha alright. So my dad when he was younger like 1960s... he was really into weed. He became friends with some people that knew a grower. So they all went to the growers house and stole his weed. (Back then it wasnt really a big deal) My dad filled his fucking pillow case full of weed. So he said he was driving one time in his POS Volkswagen and picked up an English couple hitchhiking. The one dude commented on how his car smelled so my dad pulled out his fucking sack of weed like Santa Clause and asked if they wanted to smoke a joint. So that's how my dad rolled back in the day I guess. You'd never expect it if you didn't know him personally.

20. One word; hookah.

:smoking: