Is super thrive still around?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trueweedsmoker, Dec 25, 2012.

1. #1 trueweedsmoker, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
  2. You can still get superthrive around here at the local box stores. Mostly only during outdoor growing season though.

3. lowes and orchard hardware supply......has super thrive year around

4. When in doubt, you can always look it up on amazon.

Amazon Superthrive 1.0 oz.

But I'm guessing that you are asking if people still use it commonly or not :)

5. Surprised nobodys said this already but home depot always has plenty of superthrive in stock

6. I'm almost run out but I use it once in every grow when I put them in to flower

7. The hormone 1-Naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) does not occur naturally. Under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), products containing NAA require registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as pesticides. The sale of Superthrive is prohibited in Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Oregon as an unregistered pesticide.

J

8. i cant force myself to use superthrive

9. I tried it cloning some ornamentals but never saw any major difference.

10. I used it myself for many years only because I was told "I should" - and then I found out that its total bunk. Live and learn.

J

11. I used it until I read a post where it talked about a university study that proved SuperThrive was not beneficial. It saw no improvement over plain water. I always though the bottle looked gimmickly. I no longer waste my money on it.

12. Wow I never heard that. No wonder i dont see it in our stores anymore. Our home depot doesnt sell it. Its crazy expensive too. Well it was back then.

So whats the deal on Super vit?

13. seeing as how its for healthy roots you wont "see" a difference(i use on newly planted clones and seedlings)...ive had grows do great with & without it...but for $6.....its in my nute section..

14. Just don't use it in an organic soil garden - the main ingredient 1-Naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) is a chemical pesticide and will kill beneficial bacteria.

J

15. i just used it on my clones and they perked right back up.......there deadhead og x chemdog