Is sunlight during the day MH light by night good?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by frank10, Aug 4, 2011.

1. The title practically says it all. In my current situation I have 5 sprouts that I keep in direct sunlight 12 hours a day and 8 hours under my MH light, which is about how long it takes the sun takes to come out again. Now my question is in the long run will this cause issues with vegging and flowering, considering the plants are getting two different kinds of lights?

2. No, its not a problem. My second grow I moved my plants from inside a dog house with cfl's to outside in the day and they turned out great.Certain types of light will promote the most growth, but I haven't seen it be an issue to switch spectrum. This is only based on my personal experience though. I haven't done much research on the subject.

3. Sweet bro, thanks.

4. The ultimate in security and built-in alibi, this. Was it a Rottweiler? If it gets raided: "I dunno nuttin', officer - it's the dog's shit."
    :p

5. Your plan is fine for vegging, but for flowering you will want a HPS bulb and shorter duration of light.

6. Check, my hps bulb is ready to go when the time calls. Also unrelated, but I got my plants in 4in pots and found myself using my spray bottle about three times a day to keep the soil moist, so I started just pouring water around sprout until I see it start to drip at the bottom, so is this good do I have to worry about drowning the still considerably small sprout even though I dont pour water directly on it?