Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is stickiness really a sign of quality?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by tackthecack, Aug 12, 2012.

1. i have always believed and led others to believe that the stickier/more resinous the bud is the better the smoke.....people always go on about how many trichomes are on their bud etc
    HOWEVER
    i read somewhere (maybe on erowid) that the resin can actually contain lower amounts of THC than the green and often contains higher amounts of other cannananiboids
    come to think of it the best weed i ever smoked was certainly not the stickiest and the worst was not the driest
    what you think?

2. I'm not sure but I did just recently pick up a little reg and it was as sticky as some of the stickiest dank I've had my hands on, but still, it was reg. I have an insane tolerance but I would say that this sticky stuff *seems* as potent as some mids i have.

3. i dont.. found some regs the other day that must have been sprayed with anti freeze or somethin..was the sticky icky my mann

4. my answer to you is quite simple-all dank will be sticky, not all sticky is dank. besides potency, stickiness can also be a sign of excessive moisture that is the result of a bad grow

5. I Picked up some Sour Diseal once. And It was sticky as hell. best weed i've ever had since

6. not always. ive bought some stuff from one dude a couple of times and it looked dank as FUCK and was sticky as hell, but it just turned out it wasnt dried AT ALL. he told me he just took it off the plant 20 min ago. I WAS PISSED.

7. There was also the old trick of spraying soda on the weed to add sugar (a 12 oz soda has 1 1/2 oz of sugar). It added weight and stickiness, but made it smoke harsh. Inhaling burning sugar smoke sucks!

Granny

8. Stickiness is not a sign of quality

9. EEWWWWW!!!! lol That's soooo gross. I couldn't even imagine. I could maybe see watered down molasses... At least then it'd just smoke kind of like shisha. But soda?!?!?! That's cruel and disgusting. :confused_2:

10. Quality is usually a sign of stickiness but not always, not the other way round.

11. Good weed tends to be sticky.

12. Best weed ive smoked was super sticky always made my finger tips sticky after handling it