Is stealth aeroponics a thing?

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by doobiemonster420, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Ok so i did a bad. I mutilated my landlords freezer and turned it into a grow cab. Im only going to be growing veggies (ideally heirloom), so i wouldnt give a shit about being stealth except for the fact that thing will never freeze again.
    I want to build a high pressure aeroponics system, i hear that plants grown this way can be transplanted without shock and can achieve thier maximum genetic growth potential. I have all my pieces picked out except one thing holding me back.
    Stealth.
    I would very much like to avoid awkward questions like "why does that freezer keep going 'pffft?'" And "i hope you dont think your getting your security deposit back" for as long as possible.
    A full grown man screaming in there sounds like normal conversation and on medium the fans dont even sound like they are on so its well insulated enough at least until i delete the floor so i guess my question is how loud is an aeroponics system? Would i have to worry about pump and mister noise? The pump i would be using is the aquatec 6800 which i hear is supposedly quiet

2. What no input? Does nobody know? Bumpity bump bump bump

3. No worries of sound

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the input man. Would you by any chance know of any cheaper yet still wuiet alternatives?

5. Please be more specific what is it you are really trying to accomplish

6. #6 doobiemonster420, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    I want grow hierloom vegetables from seed to harvest without attracting the attention of my landlord. I also want to delay her from finding out what i did to the (already broken) freezer until i eventually move. Usually im left alone but sometimes she does have to go into my basement and would be at times be standing right next to said freezer. I figured aeroponics would be "best" way because of how fast the plants will grow.
    Im running into budget issues now though, pumps are like $100+ and i have no clue how loud they are

7. I use the 8800 and it is quiet as can be no noise

8. It is the aquatech 8800 booster pump

9. T
    Cool that was one i had origionally wanted to go with