Is Something Wrong ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by an0nym0us, Jun 16, 2006.

1. i have a 3 day old plant ....and arround the stem purple[ish]

they plant looks Really Healthy

Im using black magic soil $0.99 at big lots per 4 lb bag
    right now im giving the plant all day in the sun and under the florecents all night
    2 weeks or so imma start feeding em 20-20-20 ..... its the same as 10-10-10 but duluted more..

I was wondering could i start feeding before 2 weeks ?

And what im doing with the sunlight all day and fluros at night is this bad for my plant?

here in about a week imma go 12 hours on and 12 hours off on my plants with my lights

Attached Files:

2. at first i had my plant outside in sunny weather, inside under fluoro at night/bad weather. seems to have turned out alright. :) good luck fellow stoner
    *the pics dont do it justice (cept from the pic of your setup) but from what i can tell they look like mine did at first :D*

3. luck is exactly what i need ...thanx bro

4. hope this one is a female

5. yeah, i hope mine is too :)

6. I wouldn't start feeding before two weeks let your plant develop 3-4 sets of leaves before you even think about fertilizing and dilute that shit to half strength for the first month or so so you dont burn it.

How big of a pot is your plant in?

are you gonna transplant into better soil.

20-20-20 fert is more concentrated than 10-10-10

stick to either 18/6 or 24 hours of light until you are ready to bud your plants putting them into 12/12 triggers flowering which you can do forever or until you want bud but, your plants have to be at least 30-35 days into veg before you switch your light cycle. Check out the grow guides.

7. well i was told to stay away from time release soils .....should i use cow shit or chicken shit or something of a stinky soil .....what is the best ?

i got some 30 ounce strawberry slice plastic bowls bout 5 inches tall .....should be good for a bit ..... when i transplanted them into the bowls from the starter plates ......i was supprised at how long the roots had grown in 3 days they were almost 3 1/2 inches long allready ......

and when i said purpleish ........my plant has so much purple in it the centers of the leaves are starting to turn purple

8. I think purple are normal, when mine were smaller they were purple, and they're still a bit purple around the bottom of the stem.

9. Purple patches on stems are normal. I notice them most on males, though.

10. i have had that and gotten a female i dotn think it means nething i started ferts later but you do wat you think is best. good luck

11. Yes, happens on females as well, I have just noticed that it occurs more on males.

12. well i got 5 plants know .... yes i am a happy father .... 2 of em have purple stems and the rest regular .....

and for everyone that grows you will agree patience is virtue

will my plants have alot of seeds ?

and is it possible for them to have no seeds ?

13. they will have seeds if they bud

14. how do i go about reducing seeds ?

15. I got 9 with purple stems that are about 5 days old. I read on an old faq that it will probably go away in a bout a week or 2. All my plants have them and are real healthy annd growign very fast. hopefully I'll have some females .

16. You eliminate seeds all together by identifying the males and getting them away from the females before they can pollinate them. Most ID the sex of their plants a week or two into the flowering schedule. Good luck...

17. [quote name='Toke"N"Chill']You eliminate seeds all together by identifying the males and getting them away from the females before they can pollinate them. Most ID the sex of their plants a week or two into the flowering schedule. Good luck...[/quote]

If it is flowering, you already know it is female.