Is socialized health care good or bad?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jimbobbybob, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Why force everyone to buy healthcare, and why should people without healthcare insirance be fined I they don't pay.

Why punish people who can afford healthcare. If there is one thing my dad never let's me forget is that nothing is free. Someone is paying.

There is no such thing as free healthcare, someone is paying heavily for it.

2. So that's where I got herpes... My girlfriend told me it wasn't her, but I wasn't sure if I should believe her. Thanks for the reassurance.

Good thing I have government health care to treat my STD.

Wait a minute... The government... gave me herpes knowing they could make money off of my healthcare. Son of a bitch.

3. Yeah, your Daddy...lololololol

4. You didnt read it correctly. The government did not fore you to have sex where you contracted herpes. That was your decisions and it was your girlfriend who did not tell you the STD she had, not the government

Everything the government touches gets inflated and crashes: housing, education, and now healthcare. Government is poison to a free market.

5. What a sound arguement. You have been promote to tHe ignore list.

6. Thank you....I promote you to the sober up list...lol:rolleyes:

7. takes a single comparison between OECD countries and you have your obvious answer. it's really not even a worthwhile debate.

8. Because everyone uses health care. Even if you never see a doctor in your life, you benefit tremendously from living in a healthy society. If you aren't forced to pay for it, someone else has to.

9. Thank you everyone I am learning a lot. I have one last question.

Under a free market, what incentive will insurance companies have to one day slash their prices and take less money?

10. Do you care to discuss the issues, or have you resorted to trolling.

11. A healthier society is best for everyone, but government mandate is not the way to achieve quality and affordable healthcare. Giveent inflates everything it touches which results in shitty quality... Housing/education.

A healthier society can be achieved in a free market. Quality will be high, costs would be low making it affordable.

12. competition is the only thing that causes prices to go down. think of it this way: why would an insurance company allow a competitor to undercut them to the point where they get cut out completely? they lower their prices or they go the way of the buffalo. the cartel that is enforced by the government is what allows them to charge what ever they want. they know that you have no choice so you will pay what they say.

13. Competitive pricing with other insurance companies and demand. How much are people wilLing to pay before they look elsewhere.

14. There is no incentive for them to do this, that is why we are in the state we are now...Their lobby is so strong, and they own so many of our politicians it will take a complete reform of the system to have any effect....

15. Lower prices doesn't mean lower profits.

It's merely the differential between costs and price that determines profit. Costs will come down in a free market, thereby allowing lower prices to enable increased volume and more profit.

Anyone who disagrees is economically ignorant.

16. So where on earth is this smashingly successful, cheap, and high quality, free market health care? It may work out on paper, but where has it been a success in real life?

17. One of the reasons that individual health care policies are so expensive in New York State is because the insurance companies are forced by law to charge the same rates to everybody, regardless of pre-existing conditions - so practically nobody in the state pays a fair market price for their own policies, therefore nobody buys them. This is a huge injustice, and an instance where the government should take over, or at least subsidize, the healthcare for those who have very costly pre-existing conditions , thereby lowering the prices and making it possible for the average person to buy their own policy.

18. Let Ron Paul tell you about the good ole days:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlBZQ_UYius]Ron Paul on CNN w/ Piers Morgan 3/26/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Show me on earth where people don't die. Free market allows for affordable and health care with quality... Maybe not 5 star, but you live within your means, not someone else's.

Like I Sao before, government healthcare will lower the quality and the cost burden will be handed to the people who can afford their own health insurance.

19. No I read it properly... I just didn't take the time to write my joke very well.

I meant to infer that the government raped me, and that's how I contracted herpes.

20. a limited government wouldnt be able to rape you...