Is socialized health care good or bad?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jimbobbybob, Mar 26, 2012.

1. And the beauty of free market is that your case will not happen. It doesn't make business sense to inflate your prices and make healthcare unaffordable- they would be committing suicide. A customer is most powerful, the buisnesses will work to please its customers. If they inflate they lose thier customers and lose revenue and the business collapses.

2. Returning to the free market system. Prices will naturally become competitive and the cost will drop.

3. By getting the government out of it completely and letting the free market function.

Why do you think cell phones, computers, and tvs get cheaper? Also medical procedures that aren't covered by insurance get cheaper.

The things the government is involved with get more expensive all the time; health insurance, education costs, military costs, etc.

Take government out of the picture and costs decline as quality improves.

4. Ron Paul is on piers morgan and they are discussing this. It is good, I'll post a link on the interview later

5. Wow, I can tell you all are healthy and under 30, give it time and you will see...

6. Not if we take care of our bodies :D
    My chemistry teacher was in his 70's and still running marathons

7. We will see what? As I get older I will magically not want cheaper, improved health care? That's strange...

8. Have one medical issue without the safety net of some sort of health care, and you will be in bankruptcy....been there done that...

9. If there were no safety net you would have been able to afford whatever it is you needed without going into bankruptcy. What's the problem?

The safety net is the very cause of the exorbitant costs.

10. Well, you have covered it Law Low, excuse me ...and deal me out....

11. Why people making over 200k have to pay 40% more in healthcare for you?

That is what the plan calls for, extremely high cost for people making over 200k.

No regulations and your health care cost will be much lower and much more affordable.

12. This is a lie. I am proof.

It's called personal responsibility and working with your creditors

13. Like I said, I'm out of the discussion, y'all know way more than I do...

14. Health care would be dirt cheap and vastly improved today if there were no "free" health insurance.

When will people realize that the government poisons everything it touches?

Le sigh..

15. :wave::wave::wave:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eF6ImsI7WQ]John Stossel and the Case for Free Market Health Care (Part 2 of 5) - YouTube[/ame]

16. Even if we did return to a free market, who will be there to FORCE these insurance companies to take people with pre existing conditions? Last I checked, to maximize their profits they turn down people with health problems.

17. They SHOULD turn down people with pre existing conditions.

Should fire insurance providers allow people to buy insurance when their house is already on fire.

18. Health care for the healthy people! Makes total sense.

19. Consumers. Why would you force a company to do something. Why use fore, how is that freedom.

Companies will take some becaus wit will certainly look good on their part. Why orcw a company to cover people it couldn't afford to care for, it's just hurting the other people who pay into the system.

I guarantee you that everyone will die, but it won't be because they didn't have insurance...