Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is smoking weed bad for oral hygiene?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gunot, Dec 25, 2010.

1. like does it noticeably stain teeth like tobacco? does it recede ur gums? because it makes ur mouth dry, and saliva helps clean teeth, does that mean ur teeth will get more plaque?

2. Not really sure on this one, but I'm fairly certain nothing will happen to your oral hygiene unless you smoke like 10+ times a day.

EDIT: As long as you continue regular brushing and so forth :p

3. i've wondered the same thing before and i dont think it has any noticeable negative side effects just keep brushing and flossing like normal and its fine.

4. any type of smoking is bad for your oral hygiene. of course, if you have good oral hygiene, it won't effect you as much. brush yo grill neeeeo

5. Smoking through a vaporizer is usually the healthiest option aside from edibles.

But also keep in mind you're probably not smoking near the amount of a regular cigarette smoker. So it probably is doing less damage to your body.

With the gums and saliva I am not so sure though. Perhaps someone with better knowledge about the human body can answer it for you

6. I dunno about how the hygiene is effected but I do know that a frequent smoker will have difficult times keeping their teeth white, as discoloring occurs very easily over time.

7. Well if you were to not brush for a long time I'm sure you would notice your teeth yellowing a bit from the smoke. But as long as you brush regularly I'm sure it has no effect

8. This.

9. Looks like you answered your own question.

10. ya know, both my parents smoke a lot, my dad more.
    My moms still kissing him, and he smokes both, weed here and there.

and his teeth dont seem bad at all.

he lost his hair colour when he was like late 20s. early 30s. its all grey and white now, hes 41. but no bad teeth, and he smokes a lot of ciggs too.

guess it depends on the person and how much they brush right?

11. if becoming too lazy to brush your teeth for 3 months straight is bad, then yea i guess
    JOKING

12. I try to brush my teeth and/or use mouthwash as soon as possible after I smoke. My teeth feel disgusting after smoking (especially when I get cottonmouth). I have receding gums at 18 years old :rolleyes: . I'm not sure if that's because of the weed or not, but it still sucks either way. I'm getting surgery next month.

13. I've been smoking for over two years and people tell me how beautiful my teeth look, if only they knew. :rolleyes:

14. Ha I'm in the same boat man.

15. This boat will get large, haha. The family ALWAYS lay down the compliments for me and my brother's teeth during the holidays. I'm the toker, he isn't, and our teeth are both perfect. :D

16. Cig smoke and weed smoke aren't the same thing. Take a toilet paper roll and wrap some toilet paper around the end of it. I guarantee the cig session will make it yellow/black. The weed smoke will keep it white. Tried it many times.

However, the cotton mouth you get from smoking weed can allow bacteria to grow. The saliva in your mouth is supposed to be a natural cleaner for your mouth, but of course, there are many remides to take that cotton mouth away.

Also, like everyone else has said. Brush your teeth normally and you'll be just fine.

17. Inhaling any kind of smoke will have negative side effects on the body regardless if its paper smoke, tobacco smoke or even weed.

If you keep brushing your teeth regularly you will not have to worry about anything.

However if you have, for instance a tooth removed you would be wise to hold off smoking until its no longer an open wound.

In conclusion, get a Vape, its alot healthier then smoking. Brush your teeth after smoking and you'll be fine. :bongin:

18. This boat is quickly becoming Titanic-esque, I'm in the same boat as well :hello:

19. Hahaha

20. I never brush my teeth, and recently i found out i have gingavitus