Is smoking really that bad?

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh P, Sep 8, 2013.

1. #1 Josh P, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    I am a successful quitter. I haven't touched a Newport shortie or a Marlboro 27 or a Red or even a Light for like 8 months now.

I just miss them so bad.

You know, there was a point in my life like 2 months ago in which I tried to do everything perfect. Eat healthy, exercise, get enough sleep, and so much other bullshit.

I now eat so much junk food, I haven't put on any weight I still basically have a six pack and I feel fucking amazing.

I still remember the amazing feeling of lighting up a cigarette at night under the moonlight. By myself or with other people socially, especially when I'm drunk cigarettes just are so awesome.

My grandmother got cancer and she was one of the healthiest people in the world.

What the fuck guys?

2. i used to work out like 5-6 times a week and eat really healthy.  i still eat kind of healthy but don't work out as much and i'm in just as good shape, and a lot happier, not having to work out so much.

tobacco isnt that bad.  ive been smoking mini cigars for a year, havent had a cigarette in a year.  but ya ive been smoking for 5 years and dont think i should quit.  my mom smoked for like 20 years and is in great health, and shes old.

3. I've been adopting sort of a romantic and existential view of the world lately.

4. 8 months isn't very long to be quitting. And a couple months won't do much if your trying to 'get healthy'

Yes, smoking is terrible, it kills hundreds and thousands of people. There's no debating the health risks haha.

Life's a bitch man, I know some guys that lived wreckless as hell and made it through, and some other sweet young kids that got taken away far too soon.

It's just how things go :(

5. "The notion of the Absurd contains the idea that there is no meaning to be found in the world beyond what meaning we give to it. This meaninglessness also encompasses the amorality or "unfairness" of the world. This contrasts with the notion that "bad things don't happen to good people"; to the world, metaphorically speaking, there is no such thing as a good person or a bad person; what happens happens, and it may just as well happen to a "good" person as to a "bad" person."

6. #8 deadnigga, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    smoking isnt bad. ive been smoking for 13 years and im really healthy

These

8. I want reasons not GIF's.

9. As long as you smoke lights it's all good.

10.  I watched my dad die slowly and painfully from cancer and emphysema so, in my opinion, tobacco is one of the worst things you can smoke. I smoked 2.5 packs of cigs a day until I saw my dad struggling to breathe and had to have a nurse hold him down and put an oxygen mask on his face. I seriously could not and did not want to touch another cigarette after that. I tried to quit hundreds of times before that unsuccessfully, but something about seeing that just turned off the craving for me. Forgive any typos, etc. I'm baked as fuck

11. sure you seem healthy now. just wait though, it will come back to you some day. 

lol homie u dont know me im pretty healthy i run and lift weights, smokin aint shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMLrA_0O5I

14. damn dude if i smoked 2.5 packs a day i wouldnt wanna touch the things ever again either.  how do you even smoke 2.5 packs a day.

doesnt seem like thered even be enough time in the day to do that lol.

i smoke these [​IMG]

i go through 2 packs every 7-9 days...i dont think its that bad.  its worth it.  i wake up and drink my coffee while smoking a cigar.  or go for a walk around my neighborhood smoking a couple.  its nice.

usually i quit during the winter tho cuz its too cold to be outside smoking them.

15. #17 Toastin', Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    ok
    http://bit.ly/17Oe55W

this one without boxy or whatever 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iexoDhvwGbo

16. lol sure it aint healthy for u but if your physically active and have good ciriculation it isnt tht bad to smoke a pack in a week. an of course different people have different tolerances for things

But if you read one my points it's that life is only what you think. Therefore if you think that cigarettes won't be too harmful in the long run you probably won't end up too sick.

18. #20 Toastin', Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    Dude thats stupid im sorry

The mind isnt that powerful c'mon now.

Ex:
    Let me go do a copious amount of unmentionables Ill be fine though because my mindset will prevent me from getting ill.

Dont think it works like that