Is smoking out of a shell unhealthy?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MikeyMoezz, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Today i was bored and noticed a shell in my bathroom that looked like a piece. I broke off part of the end and put a screen in and took a rip. To my amazement it ripped! I was just wondering if its bad to smoke out of a shell because when i lit it the shell turned black.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab331/bellhoper911/IMG_0002.jpg

2. I wouldn't take a chance, I would just shell out 15 bucks to get a real piece.

3. lol thats cool as fuck but yeah do your lungs a favor and get a glass piece instead of weed next time you got the bread.

4. That look's hella sick, and I did some research on it for you. Shell's are mostly made out of Calcium Carbonate in the form of Calcite, Im not a chemist but im pretty sure that's safe to smoke out of because it has a fairly high melting point.

5. I smoked out of a shell that looked EXACTLY the same for about 2 months with no problems. I got it from a friend and lost it a while ago :(

6. IDK about the shell, but smoking with a metal screen is pretty unhealthy.

7. I lot less unhealthy than you not shutting your mouth!

I joke, I joke. Rock on :hello:

8. HAHA thats sick!

9. [​IMG]

10. + rep for the luls

11. lol thats a good idea!

12. calcium carbonate's melting temperature is lower than tht of a bics flame. when it reaches this point it releases calcium oxide, which is poisonous to inhale

i have thought about doing the same thing before any times, and ended up researching eventually