Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is smoking from a dirty pipe bad?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by whiteboyy09, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I've had my pipe for a couple months and i haven't cleaned it yet. The glass inside the actual bowl is sticky and looks like it has some resin on it. If i smoke a bowl out of it is that bad? Will the resin burn up too in the pipe when i hit a bowl?

2. If you clean it you wont be missing out on how great the weed tastes. You'll get milkier hits once you clean it too

3. The res might start to burn when you're almost done with bowls and keep the flame on it. It's not bad but res tastes likd shit

4. yeah i know but i got my vaporizer coming next week im just gonna throw the spoon away lol

5. It could have asbestos in it; watch out.

6. Why would you throw away a perfectly fine pipe? It's a friend...a loyal buddy, don't toss him away like trash. Vaporizers are cool but honestly it's not the same kind of high as smoking, I would strongly suggest keeping your spoon for use later. Just boil some water and throw a few pinches of salt in it, then drop your bowl in the boiling water. Let it sit for a few minutes, stir it around a bit, and all that gunk/resin will fall right out. Use a few pipe cleaners or Q-Tips afterwards to scrape out the remaining resin, and your pipe is good as new.

Vaporizers are a great way to get high, but after awhile, you'll realize the benefits of enjoying both vaping AND smoking, and appreciating the different highs. Plus, a spoon is a great, simple tool to use for a fast smoke/stealthy smoke. Vaping isn't practical for on-the-go use, or using quickly before doing an activity or going somewhere. Not to mention when you have friends over, it's tedious to sit there and let everyone puff on the vape for awhile, it's not the same as passing around a bowl and getting a few hits.

Using a dirty pipe isn't bad, but your hits won't be as smooth, tasty, or thick as a clean pipe. Take care of your belongings, man. It will take care of you in return! :)

7. asbestos? wtf?

8. Yup; asbestos.

9. Yeah I agree, dont throw it away. You might want to smoke later on

10. where are you getting this from? Sounds implausible.

11. Completely plausible, you don't know what all's in that black stuff!!

12. I agree with him. Why throw away a perfectly fine piece of glass. I would still have my first spoon if someone I know didn't get it taken by the police. That thing would be like 6 years old.

On another more, is your name after the band rose funeral?

13. yea I've had treatment twice for asbestos poisoning all because I never cleaned my pipe.

14. Keep it, you can't bring cape to a smoking party

15. I take my MFLB to toking parties, makes the females happy.

16. i find the smell to be a lot more intense from a dirty pipe :s

17. I could see it, though when I go to smoking parties, you occasionally have the kid who can't hit the bong right or drops a slide, I just wouldn't want my vape getting fucked up, it's more of a caution thing then what I said earlier that you can't take one to a party

18. No its not just resin not bad

19. True true, but it's basically a block of wood, so I don't worry about it to much. Now if it were one of my beloved glass pieces, only trusted friends are to use it.

20. Killerkush how could it be asbestos?