Is smoking cigarettes really that bad for you?

Discussion in 'General' started by babaloeey, May 15, 2011.

1. Lol.a

2. Um.

That's even worse.

3. Make it obvious why dont ya. At least the op put some effort into his trolling

4. This.

5. Probably one of the worst things you can do to your body.

6. So you just switch cancers. Noice.

7. Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk (news - 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk

[/FONT]
    When COPD was clinically confirmed though a diagnostic method known as spirometric testing:

• The incidence of COPD among participants who smoked cigarettes alone was 2.7 times higher than among nonsmokers.
    • The incidence of COPD was 2.9 times higher among participants with a history of smoking both cigarettes and pot, even after controlling for other risk factors for the pulmonary disease.
    • COPD risk among people who smoked marijuana, but not tobacco, was slightly higher than among nonsmokers, but the increase was not statistically significant.

Do the math!

Granny :wave:

8. At first... i thought OP was a troll . lol

Dont get me wrong, because i smoke cigs. But they are terrible for you. They can cause prostate problems, which i actually had a slight encounter with when i smoked real heavy for a while, making it slightly uncomfortable to urinate (i chilled out a bit and that stopped) hey i know its a little strange for me to blast that OP but im just tryin to help a stranger! :smoke: Cigarettes used to have a warning label on them that stated that nicotine when burned gave off a 1300% increase in tar, meaning if you smoked 1g of nicotine, it would leave 13g's of tar. you can break it down to a science and see what each chemicals negative effect on your body is, but who does that... :rolleyes:
    But honestly, the thing i dont like about them most is that when i smoke cigs i get lathargic, they make me want to just sit, and do nothing, like play xbox or watch shitty cable tv. I get more couchlocked from smoking cigs then smoking pot. :eek:

9. well if i smoke weed,and cigs then my aveoli will maintain okay.do what you wanna do.you may be gone tomorrow anyways.i live my life like ima be here in 5 years atleast,and just go from there.if i make it to my late 20s ill quit.the way the world is goin you never know though.

10. No Bueno Senor.

11. I kinda half wish you're really not asking this question lol...

12. Better question: why do people smoke cigarettes in the first place?!?

13. RASTLING AINT FAKE. Its HARDCORE NOT GAY.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwPRCjHYR4U"]YouTube - Adam Wheeler - 2008 Olympic Wrestling Trials[/ame]

[​IMG]

14. its bad for you, but if your smoking, you obviously dont care.
    i myself smoke a pack a day, and people inform me the dangerous of;

but do i care? no, i like smoking. so fuck everyone, ill do as i please until im dead. lol

15. many reasons,

if you start young, maybe your trying to fit in, feel older or cool.
    And if youve ever smoked one, especially after a maryjane sesh, you will get a very pleasurable buzz.

thats how i got hooked, the buzz, i started smoking 2-3 a day, and thats enough, the chemicals will seep deep into your brain and your just trapped.

after a while it becomes just a habit, chemically and physically,

after about a year of smoking, the novelty of it wears away, no more little buzz, just addiction.

its also a very good oral/hand fixation

im sooo zooted, i feel all intellectual

16. i deliverd a pizza to some guys house the other day and it wreaked of cig smoke. he was also taking wierd breathes. it kinda creeped me out cuz im smoker...but ill wory bout it when im in my fifties

17. #38 Renegade Angel, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I see...

Man, that's a shame. I hope you guys quit someday :(

18. One time my friend broke up a cigarette and put the tobacco in his bowl and fucking hit that shit from a bong. He said he had always wanted to do it. So he coughed like motherfucker and everyone was rofl. Yeah he does weird shit like that, I don't hang with him too often. I don't recommend anyone to do that whatsoever!

19. Yeah, I did this once, huge mistake.

Made me sick to my stomach.