Is smokin pot really that big of a deal?

Discussion in 'General' started by dragonite, Feb 17, 2014.

1. #1 dragonite, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    The older generations (parents) make pot seem like such a bad thing, whereas the young people have a more relaxed approach to it.

2. #2 MapleOnMyBelly, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    IMO no parents should be cool with their kid smoking dope ya know.

Even if it doesn't hurt as much as they think, marijuana is still an illegal drug. (well in my country)

We're pretty much on a stoner forum so sure we're all cool with it lol. But In reality tho, a lot of young folks are against the use of marijuana too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It's not a big deal. I've smoked everyday for years now. I have a job, I go to school, drive a nice car, have my own place, been in a relationship for almost 4 years, good health.

I'd consider myself a function member of society and I smoke all the damn time haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Bottom line, no it's not a big deal. I guarantee almost EVERYONE knows someone that does it. Even if they don't know they do it. SO what IS the big deal?

Shit man, my girlfriend of 9+ years has NEVER done a drug in her life, and she has NO issues trying MJ with me.

Stay safe, and stay medicated :)

5. i disagree..

i think kids make a bigger deal out of smoking weed.

most adult weed smokers just smoke weed, and don't try and make an event out of it.

This. Smoking weed to me is just normal everyday life, but to kids, it is a huge event to them that highlights their week, and they talk about how high they got until they smoke again.

Funny thing is, one of the main reasons so many parents are against their children smoking weed...

Much the same way they don't want their children breaking into houses, stealing cars, or raping babies...it's not the moral implications, but rather the legal ones...

After all, what percentage of the people in prison are there for simple MJ possession? Can you really blame parents if they don't want their children to become part of that statistic?

8. Yeah, like @[member="augustwest"] said, I don't like to make a big deal about it. I don't like anyone knowing I smoke, whether it be legal or not, because I simply think it's personal. I son't walk into bars or public areas abd yell out "I can drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes!" And I don't tell people about my taxes, or family relationships, etc. It's just a thing.

C'mon...we all know pretty much every adult weed smoker walks around with their Bob Marley shirts and weed imprints on everything they own, just to try to look like a cool rebel...

Oh...wait...they don't...maybe that's why 99% of adult weed smokers you meet, you'd never even know they partake in the herb...

More adults than people would ever guess smoke regularly...they just don't feel the need to flaunt it like kids do...

10. Depends. Cannabis can be abused just like any other substance. Me personally, I think it should be every bit as legal and accepted as the wine industry. Dispensaries should be respected and accepted just as much as micro breweries. As adults, we are expected to act responsibly and learn moderation, and teach our young to be prepared to forfeit privileges when stepping outside certain social boundaries. 

Is that a big deal?

11. The older generations grew up during a time when only blacks and hispanics smoked pot. It's just like when prohibition was enacted, most users of alcohol were immigrants. It was never about about the weed or the alcohol, it was about being haters.

12. Adults care because marijuana is put into the category of "drugs", if their kids are on "drugs" what other kind of stuff could they be getting into? Plus it depends on how the parents were brought up and if they ever did anything, a lot of straight cut parents still believe that refer madness or at least that message is true and should treat marijuana like its heroin, flip side of that you get parents giving their kids weed like its the apple sauce in their lunch box.

And kids definitely make a bigger deal out of smoking, as mentioned above, hence why they get busted so much.

Realisticly smoking weed is not a big deal at all, the most sever impairment a person gets is on par with being drunk.

maybe in the 30's & 40's.. but this isn't true over the last 60 years.

My mom was born in 1940...spent her life being a mother and a nurse...hates the fact that I smoke weed just because it's illegal (once a mom, always a mom)...she's also a huge supporter of legalizing MJ, she believes it's less harmful than alcohol, and should be legal...

15. Thanks for the info everyone! Greatly appreciated.

Gotta catch'em all!

16. Gotta get some damn jobs :p

I started working a lot and you stop smoking with people every day and getting stoned at like 10am or 2pm..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

17. I believe parents should not be outright banning the use of weed for their high school aged kids. Instead, parents should say "If you're gonna do it, you need to be careful." And teach them how to use responsibly.
    Telling your 16 year old that they aren't allowed to smoke weed doesn't do any good.

18. it's only a big deal if u let it. like blowin all ur money on it. but thats still ur own problem when, ur over 18. under 18 I can understand pareents just trying to keep u on track i guess

but no weed isn't a big deal. sometime my coffee hits me harder ffs