Is she ready?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 2Packed, Apr 24, 2006.

1. dude you already harvested? you could probably easily get double the amount that is there now if you just waited...

2. Toastybiz is right. The more stress the plants go under the greater chance of a hermie.

3. hermies don't necessarily produce hermie seeds, bro. In fact, that is one of the ways to produce 99% femd seeds.

4. Thank you mad4.
    I think the word hermie gets thrown around way too much here on this bulletin board. Hermies are very rare and my guess is that at least 50% of the people posting here that say they have, have had, and will have hermies, is/are diagnosing the sex inaccurately.

5. i'll have to agree with Smkn on this on

6. I agree as well. they are pretty rare unless you are intentionally doing all that you can to stress out your plant (incase you wanted to produce feminized seeds).

7. Nope, not harvested yet.

I am thinking of harvesting on the 1st May.

I'll get some more pics Sunday.

8. couldn't agree more. if you're not producing a hermie on purpose, then you're fucking somethign up big to get one. I rarely see a hermie.

9. I harvested today, I thought "Fuck it, I got 5 more plants growing, a load more seeds, I live in a country where you can grow pretty much all year around outdoors and I got a friend coming to visit me in one week!"

I will get some pics up soon.

Watch this space.

10. Ok, I got a pic of all of the buds (un-manicured).

After this I pic I used another, larger box and spread them out a bit better.

Tbh, I am pleased with the yield, I have got at least 150 euros of weed there for free so it's all good :smoke:

Attached Files:

11. thats the spirit!

12. hermies produce feminized seeds, not hermie seeds. though there is a greater chance for those seeds (when plants) to become hermies if they're stressed.

13. Wrong/right

Hermi seeds will produce female plants with a greater chance to hermi if its a true hermi and always have the hermi trait in it. Not true female plants . Hermi's R a male trait.

14. that is fundamentally untrue. You would be right if it was a naturally occuring hermie. In the case of Feminizing seeds, you are inducing a plant into a hermie for the purposes of interbreeding. Done repetedly throughout the genetic line, then, yes, you would have a greater liklihood of producing hermies. But, that isn't what we're talking about.

In all my years growing and the hundreds of plants I've grown from femmed seeds, I have only had one or two hermies that occured spontaneously.

15. Pick up any good grow book and read about the hermie plants. Every hermie plant will have the hermie gene in it. Look in the cannabis grow bible on page 7 and it will verify to you everything that I have said. Go ahead and read the hole book. If you dont believe me just read the book and find out for yourself. The only reason why I think it is a hermie is because of all of the mature plant sighns. But I could be wrong, cant really be 100% from a picture you know.

16. yo post some nug shots of the manicured buds

17. I belive science is right (not sure if this is a hermi) but once a hermi always a hermi. They make fem seed with chemicals, and just because they r fem seeds does not mean 100% female offspring.Don't take my word ,write to Dutch passion the developer of fem seed, Henk the owner will tell ya, female seeds do not grow into female plants under all circumstances.Enviorment factors start influencing sex the moment the seedling has three pair of true leaves.So fundamentally, there R NO 100% female seeds.Again call DP they will tell ya.

18. think I rather go by all my textbooks and lecturers from when I studied agriculture and agronomy. The term "genetic trait" and "gene" are not interchangeable.

19. not always, and not even the majority of the time

read my posts again. is that what I claimed?

1) I have better things to do
    2) Developer? LOL! Feminizing seeds has been around long before Henk or anyone there was even born

I don't think anyone here EVER disputed this. Go back and re-read what was said.

20. First of all my friend if thhey don't make fem seeds with chemicals they STRESS them no other way!

speak of reading go back and read # 34 i think it was , were u say something about natural, which I said "true hermi". Read carefull.

better things to do? yes read a book LOL
    I can tell ya were i got my info, and ur's? Oh that must have came from ur book. What was the title of that again?Yes DP was the first to come out with fem seeds 1998 which was called female seeds , after finding out it's the envorment that plays a bigger role , switched the name to feminized seeds.So who was it that came up with fem seeds?Or at lease got the credit? Or didn't i read ur post right? LOL