is she ready?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blagger, Dec 24, 2013.

1. im 8 weeks 2morow and not sure exactly when to cut down,as this my first grow i dnt want to mess it up i have alot of hairs going ginger aprox 70% so how much longer should i leave it.hope you all have a merry xmass :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

2. Hairs don't mean shit. I guess to an extent they do in that they darken/redden and recede into the buds some at maturity. Do you have a scope/loupe? That's really the best way to tell. Look at the trichs and see what colors they are, i.e., clear vs. cloudy vs. amber. To each his own, but I like at least 70-75% amber trichs.

3. You are deffenetly be looking for 70 percent milky trich if you want euphoric, head high or same percent in amber if you want more body, couch high.
    I bet that now you have about 65-70 percent milky trichs. Run out and get the magnifying glass. As for the hair. Do not use them to tell the readiness. You will never be accurate that way.
    Good luck.

4. You need a pocket microscope, Radioshack sells one that works for 20$

You want to see cloudy/amber trichs.  No clear trich heads.  harvest when the trichome heads are all cloudy all the way till 50 amber / 50 cloudy.

If you dont want to get the microscope, Go by the amount of days said on the seed package,   if bag see, try week 8  then try week 9 on the clone.

5. thanks guys :hello:  :hello:

6. sativas hardly go amber since sativas give a head high. if u wait for a sativa to go amber it will give u a body stone. indicas that are cloudy will give u a head high but most growers wait for a indica to turn amber for the body stone/couch lock effect

the hairs tell u if the bud is growing or not. if ur bud keeps growing white hairs then u can flower her longer. when the hair turns red they are no longer receptive to pollen and will grow no more