Is she ready? First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RiZL, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Whats up GC

I'll get straight to the point, does she look ready? Im week 8 of flowering (day 58 to be exact)

Should I start flushing her out now?

Any feedback would be appreiciated :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. id have started flushing her days ago

yeah they look pretty damn good mate.

3. Main reply you'll get is to get a magnifying glass and check your trics,, but from looks I'd say your about right there, looks tastey btw :)

4. Yeah, I was going to start flushing 2/3 days ago but as its my first grow i wanted to let her go a few more days to be sure.

Also, thanks for the feedback on hows she's looking. Definately looking forward to smoking her, so full of resin.

I was meaning to get a magnifying glass, but i havent had the time so ive been going by hairs.

Anymore for anymore?

5. Congrats, that extra week of life makes the bud that much tastier :). Trust me, I am a scientist.

Feel free to checkout my FIRST outdoor grow :). Check my profile for my created threads.

6. Cheers mate, Big learning curve but enjoyed every minute of it. Now onto my second grow, bigger, better, more ambitious. Will be starting it once these have been chopped. Got some Critical Sensi Star, Pineapple express, Cheesy Dick, Sour jack & Blueberry to pot up :D

Will pop into your diary mate, cheers for the feedback.

7. bump..

8. Looking good! What strain was this?

9. Cheers mate. The strains CH9 Female seeds - Green Bud. Would recommend this strain so far.

10. #10 jerry111165, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
    Very pretty!

Flushing (or not) totally depends on which method of gardening you have been using. If you been growing hydroponically then I say sure. If you have been growing organically then I say do not do it.

Back to your original question though - don't rush it please! All strains are different. Just because a package of seeds says that it will finish in eight weeks does not mean by any means that your plant is totally mature and reached its potential at eight weeks. I actually prefer with an eight week strain to let it go 10 to 12 weeks, but again, each strain is different and that might be too long for some. As you gain experience you will become familiar with the various varieties that you are growing. Don't rush it. Those last couple of weeks make all the difference in the world between good pot and incredible pot. :)

Your fan leaves will start yellowing and that's okay. I personally think that you should let it go several more weeks in you will totally see the difference in how much more resin production there is and a little bit more weight will be put on.

Use your best judgment but if they are still looking good then I say leave them a little longer.

Pretty! Nice! :)

11. Thanks man, appreciate your input. Im going by hairs at the minute, but im looking into getting a 30x mag glass next round, which will be started in a matter of days, rather than weeks. I've been using soil, with Chemical nutes (non organic) from what ive heard, 7-10 days is recommended for flushing?

12. Flushing - probably one of THE most controversial subjects with marijuana gardeners.

What kind of nutrients are you using? They are definitely "salt based chemical nutrients"?

This is where many new gardeners get mixed up (as I of course did as well) when starting out.

There are essentially two main methods of gardening marijuana - using hydroponic nutrients in a soil less mix or a total hydroponics set up, and then there is organic soil gardening. It's one thing to use chemical hydroponic nutrients in the soil less mix, but hydroponic chemical nutrients should NOT be used in soil. If you have your heart set on buying bottled nutrients to use in conjunction with soil then you should be buying organic bottled nutrients.

Organic soil essentially relies on soil microbes that work in conjunction with your plants to assist in carrying nutrients to the plants and keeping them healthy. These are basically bacteria that live in the soil, breaking down organic matter and a host of other chores. These microbes are amazing and without them we'd (us organic gardeners) be lost without them. They are everywhere in nature and there are many different kinds that do many different things.

This said, When we apply chemical-based fertilizers to a soil, the microbes begin to die. Not good to say the least. Now, if you use organic nutrients the microbes will not die and your plants will be happier - much, much happier.

Hydroponic nutrients should be used in a soil less medium- not soil. This defeats the purpose of having helpful soil microbes - are you with me?

Take a peek at this thread. I helped a few people with this thread to stop even having to buy bottled nutrients and now that they are set up and running organic soil they don't need to check thier pH or flush - http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...door-gardening-without-bottled-nutrients.html

Back to flushing.

Many people that use hydroponic nutrients like to flush - as in, feed only clear water with no nutrients added the last week or two. This will rinse the bulk of the chemical salts out of the soilless growing medium, but the fertilizers that were used during the grow are for the most part now part of the plant itself. By rinsing the roots off you cannot leach chemicals out of the plant itself - another popular misconception. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hurt to give clear water for the last week or two - the plant still has plenty of stored nutrients to get it through until it is totally mature and finished. It just won't leach any chemicals out of the plant itself. It is what it was fed.

Now, an organic soil garden is different. The soil is constructed out of various organic matter and amendments, which cannot be flushed out, nor would you ever want to. Flushing is not needed or recommended for an organic soil garden.

Hope that helped! Your plants look nice.

J

13. [quote name='"jerry111165"']Flushing - probably one of THE most controversial subjects with marijuana gardeners.

What kind of nutrients are you using? They are definitely "salt based chemical nutrients"?

This is where many new gardeners get mixed up (as I of course did as well) when starting out.

There are essentially two main methods of gardening marijuana - using hydroponic nutrients in a soil less mix or a total hydroponics set up, and then there is organic soil gardening. It's one thing to use chemical hydroponic nutrients in the soil less mix, but hydroponic chemical nutrients should NOT be used in soil. If you have your heart set on buying bottled nutrients to use in conjunction with soil then you should be buying organic bottled nutrients.

Organic soil essentially relies on soil microbes that work in conjunction with your plants to assist in carrying nutrients to the plants and keeping them healthy. These are basically bacteria that live in the soil, breaking down organic matter and a host of other chores. These microbes are amazing and without them we'd (us organic gardeners) be lost without them. They are everywhere in nature and there are many different kinds that do many different things.

This said, When we apply chemical-based fertilizers to a soil, the microbes begin to die. Not good to say the least. Now, if you use organic nutrients the microbes will not die and your plants will be happier - much, much happier.

Hydroponic nutrients should be used in a soil less medium- not soil. This defeats the purpose of having helpful soil microbes - are you with me?

Take a peek at this thread. I helped a few people with this thread to stop even having to buy bottled nutrients and now that they are set up and running organic soil they don't need to check thier pH or flush - http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/1033041-indoor-gardening-without-bottled-nutrients.html

Back to flushing.

Many people that use hydroponic nutrients like to flush - as in, feed only clear water with no nutrients added the last week or two. This will rinse the bulk of the chemical salts out of the soilless growing medium, but the fertilizers that were used during the grow are for the most part now part of the plant itself. By rinsing the roots off you cannot leach chemicals out of the plant itself - another popular misconception. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hurt to give clear water for the last week or two - the plant still has plenty of stored nutrients to get it through until it is totally mature and finished. It just won't leach any chemicals out of the plant itself. It is what it was fed.

Now, an organic soil garden is different. The soil is constructed out of various organic matter and amendments, which cannot be flushed out, nor would you ever want to. Flushing is not needed or recommended for an organic soil garden.

Hope that helped! Your plants look nice.

J[/quote]

Tell me more..... Check out my first grow ;), its on my threads. Ty

14. Wow, alot of good infomation, thanks.

I've been using a soil based mix, soil, peat, perlite ect. & the nutes ive been using are the chempak range (uk) someone i know has been using it for years, in the same mix as im using and always has some nice buds. For my next grow, i may go down the soil-less route.