Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is shake weaker?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by budBaas, Feb 26, 2014.

1. #1 budBaas, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    This dispensary by my house is selling 5gs of shake for 25$, Automatically, it sounds like an amazing deal to me, but whats the catch? Is shake less potent the regular buds? Or is it just the fact that they are in crumbs instead of full sized buds, and therefore they are less appealing to smokers, so the dispensary might as sell them cheap just to make some money ?

:confused_2:

2. Shake is all the crumbs at the bottom of a big bag of bud. All the crumbs and stems, and some trichomes, fall off the actual buds, forming shake. So yeah shake is definitely less potent than actual buds. Unless there's a lot of kief in there (although then it's probably still less potent). I wouldn't buy it just to smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Weed

3. I bought a $6 gram of shake of sweet tooth once. It was alright, I'd buy it and put it away for hard times perhaps? Smoke the good stuff first :confused:

4. wow man some dispensaries are like $20/oz

5. Yeah that's why you save your shake from a few oz's and chuck it on oil or butter for brownies!

6. Depends on the bud I guess. I wouldn't usually smoke shake, I'd turn it into something

7. use it to make hash or edibles. or if you reaallyy wanna smoke it you can roll it into joints/blunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Dude, dispensary quality bud is going to be awesome shake, just think of it like how good the chips at the bottom of the bag are

9. yeah less potent. works for blunts tho

10. It ain't less potent I smoke the shake at the bottom of the bag all the time and get just as high. It's just the already broken up bud and stuff

11. #11 bob barker, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    It is weaker. The dispensary I've been going to has top shelf which is solid big buds. Their bottom shelf are buds from the same plant but not dense and very airy with crumbs. There is defiantly a difference in potency but both will work. Also $25 for 5gs of shake does not seem like a good deal.  

12. These people saying it is less potent are dumb as hell. If anything it is stronger because of the trichromes at the bottom of the bag

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I can't see shake being much weaker than buds. Obviously stems and leaves won't do much for you, but genuine shake (tiny bits of broken up bud) should be just as good as the regular stuff. I mean they ARE the same thing. Surely they 'mop up' the excess kief that has dropped to the bottom of the bag too?

14. Thanks guys, I smoked some yesterday and it was pretty powerful stuff, doesn't seem weaker, only bad thing is that It does have some leaves and stems in it. :bongin:

15. Yeah its not that bad, but i find since it has some leafy bits and stuff it burns harsher and faster.

16. Really depends on the buds, but for the most part shake is pretty low quality compared to the buds, since a lot of it is just leaves. Unless the bud is really dried out, then pretty much only the sugar leaves that weren't trimmed off will end up breaking away from the buds and ending up as shake.

17. Forgot to add a 0?
    I actually WON an ounce last 420. Still haven't smoked it all almost a year later...

18. no. 20/oz shake and trim

19. Where do you get any of your logic from? Buds are more appealing, as long as what you're buying isnt trim/leaves/ stems its quality. Bottom of the bag could mean its more potent, all of the trichs fall to the bottom. When I get qps, I enjoy the bottom of the bag more than anything.

20. #20 BugPoop, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    There's plenty logic in what I said. I have just been a little misinformed obviously. And I've only had shitty shake. Are you saying you'd rather buy shake than buds?

Sent from my iPhone using Weed