Is radio dead?

Discussion in 'General' started by Yellowise, Mar 9, 2009.

1. I have a dream of becoming a radio host.
    I just love the idea of playing music all day and talking to people all day.
    But with technology moving the way it is (fast as hell) do you think it would be a shitty choice to make that my career? Do you think radio will be dead?

2. With the possible bankruptcy of satellite radio u might be in good shape...although with this economy 3 dj's were laid off last month in my area

3. Eventually... yeah, I think it will.

I never listen to the radio. If I do, it's because I'm riding with someone who don't have a cd players, or a mp3 player hooked up to their system.

XM isn't bad though...I thought about getting one, just to hear some new shit I might not have heard on there.

4. even if radio does die(i dont think it will in our lifetime), you would still have other similar opportunities.

5. Mind listing some of them?:D

6. Radios already dead, same shit different day.

7. i dont think they will die out anytime soon. even though i never listen to it, its the only way to get new music out to all audiences

8. I still listen to the radio in my car. I usually drive about 2-3 hours a day so I get my fair share of awesome rockin' tunes.

9. Internet radio is the future. Start podcasting in your leisure time and send it out to a few people on the board, your friends, shit like that and see if they dig it. You're most likely goign to need a partner or two to break up the monotony of your voice just rambling on about shit, though. At least you'd get some practice in on how to edit your program, get some feedback on what's right/wrong with your cast, and get you more confident behind the mic.

10. Fuck the radio man.
    Shit here plays fucking ACDC every 15 minutes, I hate ACDC.

11. podcasting? satellite radio?

12. I listen to radio all the time on my pc and on my phone. Although only top 100 channels.

13. Yes with one exception

KROQ 106.7

14. I listen to some radio stations...minus the 15 minutes of Bar commercials they play every 4 songs.

15. so long as coast to coast AM is on, radio will never die.

16. no... it just moved to the internet. hitt up pandora.com love that shit

17. I know it is dead to me, for sure. Haven't listened to it in ages.

18. video killed the radio star
    video killed the radio star
    this song was in gtaaaa
    i thnk it wass when u played scarface :eek:

yeah, idk. i know lots of ppl that listen to the radio.. i guess? satelite radio.

19. anyone listen to Distortedview.com?