Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is QWISO dangerous? Also edible question.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nickkycubba, Dec 4, 2011.

1. I've been doing a little looking around online and I've been seeing some people saying that if done indoors it can create a dangerous situation. Now I've seen a couple guides and I never had any preconceived notion that just a simple wash can caught pockets of the gas indoors.

Is this just after once you're letting evaporate and you don't aide its removal with a fan or something else?

Ultimately I'm asking because I have around 53 grams of trimming that I want to make edibles with. I was going to make QWISO first and then smoke some, make edibles with the rest, but you I be better off just making the edibles with trimming?

2. Just open a window and put it on the sill. Preferably have a fan going across it, but if you just put it on the sill you'll be straight.

3. well i know making green dragon indoors stove top mehtod is dangerous because ur cooking with alcohol. is that the same procedures? using alcohol

4. Just maks sure that the room you do it in is ventilated.

5. youll be fine keep a window open to get the vumes out

6. Don't do it near open flames, aka not in your kitchen. Also inhaling the fumes isn't healthy for you, so ventilation is key.

I like to sit my QWISO in a bathtub of hot water with a oscillating fan over it (secured to not fall into the tub), and the overhead fart-fan turned on to suck everything out.

7. Okay I'm liking this a lot better. Anyone have a guesstimate on to how much you think 53 grams of trimmings could pull out? It's top shelf quality with tons of trich just waiting to be diluted out.

8. freeze overnight before, use unbleached coffee filters if possible, 1 will be fine. from 40 grams of STEMS i got about 2-3grams. so im guessing you can pull 3.5+ but i never like to hope to high just to be letdown. if its your first time itll only get better as you go on

9. you can wash it a couple times too to get some more

10. good call. i would do 3 runs but usually the third run doesnt come out very well, just doing it to do it.

11. Alright sounds good. Yeah it has a lot of trich. I'm hoping for a little more than 4 if possible. I plan to leave it in front of a window with a fan flowing over it for about 9 hours then move it to a indoor location to let it further dry out inside for the rest until the next day. Ill then go from there and continue to air dry based on how it looks at that point.

I shouldn't have an issue with fumes at that point right?

12. if you have a heating pad put it under it on medium or high, will evaporate much faster.
    edit- no after all the iso is gone it wont have a strong smell, maybe up close but thats it. are you also decarbing and freezing?

13. Yup I'm going to do both. I'm starting the process right now so hopefully by tomorrow at some point ill have some juicy good pictures for everyone .

14. Update: First run with about 1/4 the trimmings was overall somewhat successful. It gave good quality oil but my coffee filter ripped and a little bit of trim got through.

Second batch is still drying right now but looks amazing. Looks like some new golden oil is in store!

15. I wouldn't suggest heat when evaporating your qwiso. Decreases the quality and can turn it from a golden amber to a darker brown.

Done in small batches you could get 3-4 grams since you're relatively inexperienced.

Why do people suggest this? Why make an inferior product on the second wash and third washes? It will be most likely have chlorophyll and unwanted compounds mixed in, with some thc. But it will just taste bad and not melt well. Do one 15-20 second wash and that's it. Yes there is more trichomes on the buds, but the only way to get these off is to soak longer and then do a hexane wash which is a little more complicated.

So if you got any extra, freeze the iso/buds and rinse a little shorter.

Do you have any pictures of your finished product?

16. Yeah my first run I used this method because it seemed to help decrease time and my finished product did become a darker golden color. Almost brown sadly, thankfully this time I didn't and looks like I'm about to have a nice 2g+ pull in from my last wash.

Pics will be updated tomorrow.

17. subbbbbbbingggggggg. :)
    hope you get a decent amount

18. Sorry for the delay. Here are some pics from my first wash. Due to finals in college I had to delay the second a bit and its just finishing up as I type this. Enjoy for now. More to come soon!

P.S. I'm on my phone so can't remember if I mentioned this before, the coffee filter broke, and that's why a little particles got through :(

Attached Files:

19. #19 washedmothafuka, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    I would re-run that. Just looks like wet kief. I don't understand,...if the coffee filter broke, why not just re filter with a new coffee filter? You kinda messed up the end product by letting those particles through.

20. All I know is LET THE ISO EVAP FULLY/// DONT TRY TO SMOKE IT EARLY

Im pretty sure thats what I did; and it had my DIZZY as FUCKk for about 2.5 hours, Couldnt do shit...
    Not worth it.