Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is purple haze extinct?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankerThenYou, Jul 5, 2010.

1. I always hear people saying purple haze is extinct. I sometimes see people online saying that too is it true? How did it become extinct? I really want to know since one of my idols (jimi hendrix) loved purple haze and i've always wanted to try it
    also does it release purple smoke or is that a lie too??

2. Hahahahahahahahaha

no to both

3. Thats the theory but its impossible to know for sure. If it is, there are probably a few strains going around claiming to be Purple Haze but since we can confirm, quit worrying and smoke what ya got :)

4. Purple Haze - by Jimi Hendrix isn't about weed. It's about a dream Jimi had where he was walking around under the ocean.

5. interesting how do you know that it doesn't seem that obvious in the song

6. It has been cited in many documentaries. Some say it was a dream, but I think he was trippin hard.

7. Hmm interesting, i'd heard that Purple Haze was about Acid and a type (blotter paper) of Acid that was around at the time.

Ahh well it all adds to the mystery :smoking:

8. so he didnt say it was that? man i hate when people look for like the slightest thing and make it into a whole big thing that revovles around that thing
    the man idea of the song was purple haze. like i just relistened to it and theres really no hint to that show me lyrics

9. ""I dream a lot and I put a lot of my dreams down as songs," Hendrix said in a 1969 interview with the New Musical Express, "I wrote one called 'First Around the Corner' and another called 'The Purple Haze,' which was all about a dream I had that I was walking under the sea."[6] The term "purple haze" has been used to refer to LSD, due to the form sold by Sandoz, called Delysid, which came in purple capsules. Furthermore, Purple Haze is a particular strand of marijuana noted for its 'purple' appearance, therefore this is the most credible reference as 'kissing the sky' means 'to get high'.[7][8] Common legend is that Jimi was on Owsley Stanley Purple Haze LSD when he composed the song."

Purple Haze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. thats weird tho cause in the song all he talks about is getting high and shit

11. i heard it was about an acid trip he had, but i could be wrong.

as far as purple haze, i hear its extinct, but thats just what i hear

12. I just pissed myself laughing.

13. Haha same.
    And since no one else answered this, the smoke isn't purple...

14. Some say the original strain, like back in the 70s is extinct because it has been cross bred so many times and you can't find the original anymore, but since it's been cross bred with better strains to make a better product, who cares?

15. I've always heard jimi hendrix just said it was about a dream, but it's actually about acid.

16. #16 JoshSaysYeah, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
    Haha he is your "idol" yet you didnt know that song is about a dream? hahahaha. And the original is extinct. Some dispensaries have bud called purple haze, but it shares none of the genetics the original did. From what others here have said anyway.

17. i was very baked:smoking: