Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is propylene glycol safe?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by camram, Nov 10, 2012.

1. I just bought my RemPen and was wondering about this solvent. From what I read, sounds safer than butane, so why don't people use it instead of butane for wax/oil?

Here is a quick vid if you are not sure what a RemPen is...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rl0LlGRvXU]Rocky Mountain Remedies RemPen Basics - YouTube[/ame]

2. Video doesn't talk about how the solvent is used, just the vaporizer.

Propylene glycol is used in food related processes different people have different ideas about how good or not good it is for you I wont participate in that debate. I use it as an antifreeze in the drinking water tank of my RV. I also wash it out real good in the spring before I go out into the field and carry separate drinking water for reasons unrelated to the antifreeze use.

3. Hmm... Sounds like you know a lot about it and would not use the RemPen or similar devices.

4. They don't use it for oil because you can't smoke propylene glycol. You can but Its bad for you. You can vaporize it because there is no combustion. I pretty sure it isn't that strong of a solvent for cannabis use either. Not as strong as other commonly used solvents anyways.

5. RemPen looks like a real nice travel vape. You should be able to use it like any other vape. I have no objection to vapes even though I don't normally take my medicine that way I do have 3 different styles at home to choose from.

I also use propylene glycol I just don't understand how it is being used as a solvent in this situation.

Flatly all I said about propylene glycol is that there is some controversy about whether it is good for you or not. My answer is that I have not chosen sides in the argument because I don't know enough about the subject to have a position.

The drinking water issue is related to keeping the drinking water storage tank pathogen free and the fact that some of the chemicals used in water treatment cause my wife to have gastric trouble. It is easier to carry safe drinking water than it would be to keep the tank in my RV pathogen free in the face of my wife's trouble with the disinfecting agents used in some drinking water systems and our lack of knowledge about which ones cause her trouble.

6. Interesting. Yeah I did notice the RemPen is certainly no substitute for my oil rig. Maybe I just have a high tolerance but the RemPen gets you medicated but not like super soaring high.

7. I did not mean to offend you. I was just speaking to your response that you wash out the tank thoroughly after using propylene glycol.

8. ;) :D I'm not offended nor was I trying to offend. I might be a little to medicated this am to be on line in public though so

Sorry if i came across wrong! :p

9. What does everyone else think?

10. yeah,haha, Interesting. Yeah I did notice the RemPen is certainly no substitute for my oil rig,thank you.[​IMG]

11. dont they use that in e-cigs?

12. The Vape looks cool but the page jumps around every time the picture changes the page moves making it impossible to read... crappy web design.