Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is pot a drug???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by chiefMOJOrisin, Jun 4, 2007.

1. I was having a conversation with one of my buddies about this topic... is pot really a drug??

We all know what the fuzz has to say about it. I personnaly can't stand that its often called a narcotic by law enforcement. perhaps.... by the fuzz' definition... it is. but its dumb to classify pot with heroin or cocaine.

I was wondering what the gallery had to say about this subject. The people who are actually in the culture and in the know.

I personnally think that alcohol is 100x more damagind to a person thatn weed. whether it be a drinkers life or body. If alcohol isn't a drug than pot isn't a drug. also... i've been a legit drug addict (dope) and nothing about marijuana is even close to heroin. which is a drug and a half.

What do u think... is pot a drug?? Should it be classified differently by the fuzz or do they have it right??

We all know that the weed laws in this country (usa) are fucked. so if we can, lets keep that out of the disscusion.... cuz it goes without saying that the consequenses for pot are FAR WORSE than the pot itself.

2. Alcohol and cannabis are both drugs, accept it or not.

3. yes pot is a drug just like cocaine, alcohol, caffeine, etc...all of these are drugs, some are just widely accepted while others have a stigma attached to them...

no drug is good or bad by itself, it is its use or abuse that is good or bad...

from the dictionary:
    Drug:
    A chemical substance (check), that affects the central nervous system (check), causing changes in behavior (check) and often addiction (debatable, but i believe yes, although very mild addiction).

sounds like a drug...

now is it a dangerous drug and should be put in the same boat as h, meth, crack...hell no!!

4. yeah i think it qualifies as a drug...

happywallyskin pretty much summed it up...i totally agree with his post

5. yeah man, it makes you feel high therefore it's a drug.

no matter how much we praise it and however praise-worthy it may be, it's still a drug.

6. No debate, pot is a drug, so is sugar and caffeine.

7. Cannabis is not a drug, it's a plant. THC and the other 59 or more cannabinoids are drugs though. And I agree, alcohol is a far more destructive than cannabis.

8. its an herb. alot of things have an affect on the body, but they arent neccesarily a drug. maybe its just that i smoke pretty much religiously, so it seems like im high more than im sober, that i dont consider it a drug.

9. It's a pleasant drug.:D

10. yes, it is a drug and to my knowledge it is classified differently by the government
    cant forget which class it falls under, but i could have sworn its under a different class than say cocaine or crystal meth

11. Nope it's not a drug. And thank god meth, heroin, and acid aren't drugs either.

12. I definitely classify it as an herb, but that is just my outlook on it :)

13. actually marijuana is not a drug, that was a lie started by the government. it is actually a medicinal plant used for thousands of years, the only reason it is illegal is because some people can not handle/control its awesome and powerful healing effects...

14. it is a drug. and as you put in your post you said that it was being called a narcotic, well i had d.a.r.e. this past senior year and the officer said that it is under the gateway drug catagory. thats just another reason to think that its not a drug. i mean they had to make a whole new catagory for it because they couldnt put it in any of the other ones. but i still think its a drug.

15. also the FDA classifies a drug as something that can cure, prevent or alleviate the symptoms of a disease or condition.

weed works wonders.

16. THC should be classified under Alcohol and slightly above Tylenol.

17. If fuckin Claratin is a drug.....then weed is.

18. Something being a drug does not automatically mean it is bad, THAT is what the misinterpretation is over. Think of all the thousands of drugs out there that are made to help people, but yes pot, or rather the mixture of chemicals it contains, IS a drug.

19. claratin...funny you mention that. pot is a better anti-allergy med than claratin. i know form personal experience.

20. Yes to cannabis, no to sugar (its a chemical compound that keeps your body running, it does not change your central nervous system, other than keeping it active), yes to caffine

I think it can be both...Mushrooms are a food, but also a drug...its just that some drugs are natural, and some are man made.

Yep, just cause something is a drug, doesn't necessarily make it bad. Its just that the word 'drug' is often negatively used..."Oh...I dont want him hanging out with johnny...Johnny does drugs..." Thats right everybody, Johnny is an avid user of advil when he gets a heachache.