Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is Pineapple Express really as good as it was in the movie?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Crimsonmonie, Oct 15, 2012.

1. I go to school next to a dispensary that happens to sell Pineapple express. It is like 12 dollars a gram there. I am thinking about buying some today, but only if you guys tell me that it is really good stuff. Is it really as legendary as everyone says it is? Thanks :wave:

2. been over a year since i tried it. blackberry kush and pineapple express stand out to me because their very noticeable fruity tastes.

3. I've tried it from several of my local shops and its always good.

4. Good obviously not legendary though.

5. From what I remember .... Not at all. And I wasn't much of an experienced smoker the few times I tried it. I had only been smoking for like 1 month and a half. Maybe more. But I could name strains that are better than Pineapple Express. But for 12 dollars I would buy it and I think you should to. It is a pretty good strain but certainly not the best

6. It's most likely hyped for the movie, more of a novelty of smoking pineapple Express, as far as T.V weed goes i prefer milf weed :smoke

7. it depends on the grower obviously, but ive had some dank pineapple express as well as other good "pineapple" strains. good sativa

8. its just some dank. hundreds of different kinds. its just a movie man.

9. I believe the strain didn't exist before the movie came out. They named the strain that because of the popularity of the movie. It's expensive because a lot of people make the same assumption you did and think that it's crazy good, so they charge more for it. In reality, it's probably no better than any other bud you can get there.

10. Yeah....just an O.k hybrid. Mid shelf here it Detroit but still alright for OPs price.

11. Dispensary next to your school?

12. It is half a mile away from my college. I know where you are getting at. The dispensary is far enough away from any schools to avoid breaking any "distance from school" laws.

13. Thanks for the info man. I will get a free gram for joining the dispensary's membership program. So I will probably get some purple or blackberry kush and get a free gram of pineapple :cool:

14. It's definitely no OG Kush, but it is good. And it tastes awesome. Fruity and piney.

15. id buy it purley for the novelty of it

16. the only pineapple express i ever had was the one strain that gave me a headache. it was touted as a sativa dominant hybrid. gave it a try, though. i wouldn't recommend it at all, based on my experience.

pineapple indica, on the other hand...maybe the best indica i've ever smoked!

17. I actually have 1/8 of that now. It's really good but in the movie they acted like it was the weed version of gold.

I mean it's good but you're not going to smoke it and be downright amazed.

18. It is 100x overhyped in the movie

19. Try white rhino, it's way better.

20. Pineapple Express was created because of the movie, it's not a legendary strain. I haven't personally had it, but know of some growers who have run it and while it's apparently good, there's much better out there.