is Ph going down a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by The Antiaxe, Mar 30, 2013.

1. #1 The Antiaxe, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    I was told if my Ph starts to go down on its own it means somethings wrong, or its time for a nute change. That my Ph should only be going up on its own, other than being stable, any insight? Please help

2. Ph usually rises as the plants take up the nutes. Dramatic drops in ph could mean your roots are under attack by some sort of pathogen. If they smell funny, are brown and/or slimy, changing the nutes wont help much if at all. There are several ways to treat root rot. If you are running aeroponic or dwc a sterile reservoir (no 'friendly' bacteria) works best. Some people use pond zyme (digestive enzymes) or pool shock (chlorine in the form of calcium hypoclorite). I use something like pond zyme. It's called Down Under HF and it works to treat and prevent root rot. Hope this helps...

3. Yes. yes.......

The beautiful thing about these online anonymous forums; the growers from different arrangement of possibilities, all conversing... OK anyhow...

My girls are in as of tomorrow will be day 1 of week 7 in flower. As of last week they started to show some kind of halt in their growth, the leaves started to brown and crisp @ the edges (+7 days prior) and I began to freak out. My worries went from over feeding to a cal/mag deficiency back to over feeding and then when I contacted an old friend, he advised me, after I had given him the current log book entries that, @ the time were very stable readings (stable pH, predictable evaporation / utilization of such dissolved solids per unit of h20) were in fact a Pythium infection....

pH going from very stable to slightly to very acidic, on a daily or bi-daily basis. Without even looking at my crop he advised me that this is NO NUTE DEF., NO CAL/MAG DEF., but a Pythium infection, that has been prevalent this entire time but now it has foothold. \

So I did 150mL of 3% strength of h2o2 per gallon.... my buckets are 3.5 gallons, and i bubbled them for 15 hours.... then changed them out with haste into 1200ppm solution containing the likes of bud candy, b52, big bud, sensi zym and 3part g-b-m. and some GH phup/down

4. And now they krisen.........