Is Peace Possible?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Sublime, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Maybe if all the people who have never tried drugs started using drugs :)

Seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  2. If it was possible, we'd have it by now because we sure know the cost of its absence.

3. I would prefer that we get peace and freedom without violence, but we seem to be running out of options.

4. Our population is growing. War/disease etc, kind of balances that out a bit. If there was total world peace, our population would get so out of hand, that we probably could nor sustain ourselves. Check out 2 movies: Soylent green and Logan's run.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peace will never exist unless there is a species wide revolution. Just like Jesus's peace movement which fought for equality, peace, and respect for Mother Nature's nonrenewable resources. He taught people how to use mother earth's renewable resources by becoming a carpenter. His wisdom of earth was so keen that he started to get a large following. He was then given an ultimatum, stop his teachings or be tortured in front of your followers. The only thing that used to stand in the way of world peace was power and greed. Now a days it's actually the same thing, since the death of "Jesus" almost everything that happens has been controlled by money and power. For example, Hillary was rigged for the democratic nomination, every single war which is the most profitable conflict as owners of arms companies fund both sides, government keeping weed schedule 1, etc. Conflict makes money and money creates power. Whoever can force conflict and know what their doing, can create a huge profit. Jesus spoke for equality because he could foresee such moments as the wars we have had, and the mass killings of his own species. Jesus also knew that eventually the world could be destroyed due to greed and power.

For example we don't actually need to find another planet, we just have to start taking care of ours. The goal of the creators of conflict is to make money and obtain power. Countries all over allow for mass deforestation, strip mining, and massive Eco destroying oil operations, which are all overlooked because they pay premiums for the land. But they make more money than you would probably think possible by polluting our planet and making other species go extinct. Even some crops are becoming so mass produced that they kill environments to get a cheaper filler in your processed foods. Soybeans are a huge example of this. Soy is used in every product at McDonald except their fountain drinks for example.

Who are the richest people in the world? The owners of almost every federal reserve which are almost all owned by the Rothschilds. If the U.S. owed no money and started to make some, the government would be in debt to the Rothschilds because they royalties through all money created through the reserve. Instead of Jesus teaching of equality and peace, we live in a survival of the fittest world. But the fittest only had to out smart the strongest by profiting over the conflict, for example . Now everything that we see is out of our control, the things we learn at school, everyday media like the news, and the government. They only want you to see what they need you to see. For example the U.S. won't remove marijuana from the schedule one drug list, but they allow cigarette and tobacco companies to kill parts of our species because it's profitable and no one can question them because they have power.

The only chance I see for peace is our species evolves into a more logical based society, but that will probably never happen due to the effects on media and every generation to come. Our species is actually devolving slowly as media teaches us to use our emotions instead of logic.

Why doesn't anyone do anything about this? Because people don't remember a time without the internet and they think the is normal when really it's just a scheme for money and power.

If you don't believe me hear are some quotes from the past leaders of the U.S.

http://www.themoneymasters.com/the-money-masters/famous-quotations-on-banking/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soylent.... Ffffffffuck that shit (assuming it is the complete diet food...stuff im thinking of).

7. That claim about mcdonalds and soy is false FYI. I worked there and read many if the ingredient lists on the boxes, some are damn long and probably unhealthy as coyod be, but soy wasnt in all of them.

8. Lol it's a movie that takes place in the future. World peace has been achieved and the world population grows so big that the food supply runs short. As time rolls on, the government first comes up with animal meat you usually don't eat (horses, dogs, cats) They call it soylent yellow. It comes in wafers. then they start eating plants we normally dont eat (cactuses or ivy or some shit like that) Thats called soylent red, then they go onto soylent blue which may be some kind of derivatives or life sustaining vitamans. Then finally, there is soylent green. But the government does not tell the people what the wafers are made of. So a group of people go on a vendetta to find out. And they do find out. People. Soylent green is made from people. And so ends the movie. Trippy movie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Although it isn't in every item, anything you order will have a soy component, every bun, the oil they fry with, croutons and salad dressing, chicken nuggets, tortilla wraps; it's scary to see people make and sell food while being unaware of their components.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  10. Peace leads to stagnation, war leads to innovation. Periods of peace or insurmountable power often lead to the demise of societies. Look at the ancient civilizations of Rome, Greece, and the current state in the west.

Peace leads to laziness and the expectation for everything to be handed to us; it leads to people working hard to try and move up a class level only to be expected to continually work harder because you've previously put forth the effort.

So to answer your question, yes. Yes, peace is possible however it is at the cost of the society in which peace prevails.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think you are viewing this too narrowly.

These times of peace/stagnation are not idle because people are lazy, but because the powers that be are suppressing the populace. The time it is beneficial for them to harness the power of the populace is when they want to go to war.

There is no reason that times of peace dont lead more innovation, other than it is engineered not to.

"The Problem of Increasing Human Energy" by Nikola Tesla

Beware, no TLDR

• Like Like x 2
  12. Theoretically, sure; but history proves the practicality to be contrary.

13. Most modern history has been operating under the debt banking model, the experiment has been tainted.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Peace is a personal concept, not a social one. All animals stick to their own kind, humans are no different. So yes peace does exist but only within yourself. Coexistence is what you're looking for, and that my friend, is a bridge made of ice under the sun on a summer's day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I believe that we must have both chaos and peace because if only one reined supreme there would be no balance in our world.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pretty simply really...think about the time before your fathers sperm cell hit your mothers egg cell...before your conception...pretty peaceful right. Nothing existed at that time...If you dont exist...nothing exists..so, the only way to obtain peace...is to die.

have a nice day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. there is evil peace and the necessary evil.

at times they become indistinguishable to us, depending on the current generation's approach to reality. their attitude towards life itself. how they acknowledge value, and the value of actually having a symbol to reference feelings of value - the word, "value".

freedom is like sacrificing all of your privacy for the sake of coexisting with your harsh environment.

sometimes, the evil peace and the necessary evil split apart, something like cellular mitosis stage at the beginning on pregnancy. the one concept, is then recognized differently from the previous way of view. and now there are plural ways of viewing reality.

this can correlate with the older generations of grown ups and the younger generation of children and young adults. the job of the previous generation is to detect flaws in the culture and expressions of the following generation.

and that is what i had to say about that.

18. War does lead to greater innovation because it makes such innovation necessary. People only change how they do things when pressed to do so, otherwise it's generally more comfortable to keep doing things the same way.

This is a major reason why the more isolated places on the planet, like the Americas, developed more slowly. They didn't keep up technologically with Europe and Asia because they didn't face as many threats. So the idea that peace is stagnation does have some merit.

Overall, wishing for a world without conflict is just not realistic. People have different viewpoints and circumstances, which naturally leads to competing interests and therefore conflict.

19. What you are saying is factually true, however it is one of the most imperfect and flawed features about humanity imo.

What I mean is, if we are measuring our overall potential for progress, strictly based on how quickly something kicks us in the ass and forces us to progress, then yes, war is great. I've heard various versions of this, including many from people who are not pro war per se. They just bow down to its ability to create innovation. Fans of economics frequently like to point out how WW2 raised the US out of the great depression.

I consider this a somewhat limited observation of history.

Yes, it is true that war begets innovation and possibly economy at a higher rate than peace, traditionally speaking.
    I maintain that it does not have to be that way, nor did it ever have to be. The war-incentive scenario just happens to be the one that we are very well familiar with, because we drove each other to war so many times. It simply IS our history. This does not mean it has to be the future.

Call me naive, but I still remain 100% optimistic about a world where before-unfathomable progress can be achieved through nothing but peace.
    No chest beating, no virtue signaling rah rah. I just think if the species gets its shit together, there legitimately is no limit to progress. The gains made by war-innovation will be completely dwarfed by what a united, or even just completely peaceful species does.
    An easy way to comprehend this is, Imagine if if every Dollar or Euro currently spent on weaponry and war research, were being spent on infrastructure and education. Extrapolate that over a couple decades and welcome to The Future.

• Like Like x 1
  20. this world evolved in a way, along with mankind, to make it impossible for true peace. Between humans fighting for dumb religious reasons, and the earth with limited resources, it forces us into conflicts. Its mother natures fault imo. She has screwed me out of several days of hunting and fishing so I know her ploy well, lol.