Is Olive Oil Good Or Bad For You?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Born To Die, Jun 24, 2014.

1. I've read different things online. Some saying it's really good for you and some say it's not. Well I've been drinking about 2 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil for about a month now to get enough healthy fat. I don't feel any different but I can tell you one thing, since adding broccoli and olive oil to my diet my testicles have gotten bigger.

Sent from a Stoner in Colorado.

2. #2 BMORE HiiiGH, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    Olive oil is healthy fats. I take 2 shots of olive oil a day. 3 teaspoons each time is a quick 300 calories, helps put on that muscle mass!

3. Olive oil is good for you still it hits a certain temperature and then its as good as use greese when cooking. Or so I've been told by my mom who is a fitness/nutrition nut.

Coconut oil/butter works just the same and is much healthier to use at all temperatures.

4. good quality olive oil is good for you.

unfortunately some brands dilute their products with other oils, so you don't actually get pure olive oil.. 
    that's why some cost $5 and some $25... i'm not suggesting you should buy the most expensive one, but look for quality brands (easy to find online). 

5. Extra virgin olive oil, organic especially is a great oil. Much much better than shortening, margarine or Trans fats. But i remember reading that the beneficial fats in olive oil (omega 9? 12?) Can be made by the body. I use it liberally on salads and certain other foods.

Grass fed butter is omega 3 rich, the ones we need more of. The canola oils, vegetable,etc are high in omega 6 which lead to big time inflammation and disease related to inflammatory damage; which is most diseases. The ratio of anti inflammatory omega 3 to 6 should be 1:1 - 1:4.

The typical American diet is 1:20.

So olive oil is great, but grass fed butter, wild salmon, free range eggs and other omega 3 sources are critically important. Coconut oil (virgin) is also a great saturated fat, rich in medium chain fatty acids that the body efficiently uses for energy. Olive oil shouldn't be heated much but coconut holds integrity against oxidation up to three hundred fifty degrees.

There's controversy around healthy fats... Time magazine recently published a landmark piece on saturated fats chronicling how we were steered from healthy fats diet to processed grains and seed/refined oils, and the health calamities that came with that change.

Among other things our hormones use healthy fats and good (Hdl) cholesterol as building blocks. Let alone our cells are nearly half fatty acids and our brains 60%. Low fat high carb diets promote hormone imbalance, especially towards high estrogen levels let alone diabetes and other major troubles.
    Stay on those fats your body will thank you for it.

6. coconut oil is wayyy better then olive oil!

heresy

8. #9 Digital Veil, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014

Good posts, exactly my thoughts.

9. Ever since I started drinking 2 spoonfuls of Olive oil and adding broccoli to my daily veggie juice my testicles have got a lot bigger. Is that bcuz of the testosterone boost?

10. not. everything tastes like coconut its amazing!

11. I'd like to add that putting oil on your food is bad.

Good oil, bad oil, what the fuck ever, you are still dousing your food with processed refined fat

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I don't add oil to my food. I just have 1-2 spoonfuls of Olive oil every day straight.

13. can't imagine life without olive oil

14. I use olive oil to fry food in but prefer bacon grease.:)

15. From what I've read and like what everyone else says olive oil is good for you it is a healthy fat. You can also get good fats from using coconut oil is use this to fry my eggs instead of butter. And avocados and I'm think nuts and seeds have good oils and fats in them as well.

"Wait! We can't stop here, this is bat country!"- Fear and Loathing

16. It is indeed a good oil for you. Maybe try it next time you go into a gay bar :) 

17. I don't get it.

18. Check the threads he created.

19. Oh. I thought there was some gay olive oil reference I didn't know.

My dad is gay and I grew up with gay roommates but I still learn new things sometimes.

Like I just found out recently from these forums what "friend of Dorothy " means