Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my vaporizer working?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Pot4fun, Jun 28, 2015.

1. I just bought my first vaporizer (Davinci portable) and dont know if its working correctly. After exhaling i see little to no vapor at all. The weed comes out brown, and i do get high (takes upwards of 30 minutes to finish 2 bowls). i feel like im not getting enough vapor because i dont see any on the exhale and it takes awhile to get high not to mention the draw is alot tougher than a joint or bong. Is my unit defective?

2. I had the exact problem with puffit X, but i didnt get very high even after a couple bowls.
    i have an Extreme Q and i get thick vapor even at lower temps.
    Can you change the temperature on it? and how much do you know about vaping temperature?

3. i keep the temp below 400 as recommended

4. i did the same with my puffit. that thing has almost been sitting in a drawer for a year now. Its honestly just probably a shitty device like my puffit. if i were you id return it if you could and then buy something better.

How were you smoking before you bought the vape? because this kid that had a really low tolerance and was new to smoking got baked off the puffit but anyone with a moderate tolerance couldnt feel shit, especially me since i was only ripping bong prior to getting it.

5. I gotta be honest with you. I know that 'vaping' is the latest way in getting high, but I've tried it numerous times, from numerous vaporizers & have never gotten as stoned as I do from straight-up bongs. I have a Toker II that I bought in 1974 that I still use to this day. Never broke the glass base, but have been thru countless glass stems. They'd break while trying to ream them when they were still too hot, I guess.
    For me, bongs are still my choice of toking after 50 years of partaking in this harmless plant. I'd just like to know when the Feds will catch up to the handful of States that have downright legalized. Not sure why the hold-up, but I wish the government would just admit that alcohol & tobacco are the real harmful substances, not cannabis.
    I just hope it happens before I die, but at the snail's pace the Feds move, I'll be long gone by the time legalization goes into effect.

6. You should try Vapor-Bonging. You hook up a vape to a bong and you get thick milky vape hits, its very nice.

7. /\\/\\/\\/\\ Thanks man...I'll have to give that 1 a try.

8. yea i would consider myself a heavy smoker close to an 8th/day probably why vapes dont hit me as hard

9. Yo rs2000 you sound like you've tried a couple... What is your opinion on best handheld portable vape hands down? Price is not an object.

10. Whoa!! "Price is not an object"?? Gotta get in good with this dude...lol!! [​IMG]

11. #11 RS200Evolution, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    So your in the same spot i was in about a year ago. This is what i suggest to you. Sell it, get at least some money back and buy a different one. My puffit just sits in my desk. $120 wasted.

Overall i like the Arizer Solo the best for handheld portable vapes. about $120 with 1 year warranty. Its a sturdy, strong device (other than the glass part), has great battery life, really easy to use, good vapor quality, RELIABLE. Its what i recommend because you cant get a better portable vape for that price. My next vape will most likely be a new solo.

Ive heard many good things about the VaporBlunt. Around $200 i believe. Cant tell you much about it, but it does have good reviews. Id definetly check it out.

Arizer Air $160, its a new product from arizer (if you dont know already, Arizer is a very reputable company from Canada. I own an Arizer extreme q and my friend has the Arizer solo, neither of us have regretted buying there products). I hear good things about it but its a new product and is bound to have some flaws that arent known about yet. I was considerering an Air, but overall the solo is what im leaning towards.

MFLB is a decent vape on a budget $80?. but since price isnt an object i wouldn't consider this one.

Check those ones out, if you dont like them i have more i can suggest. Those were just the first couple to come to mind, i

Desktop vapes are the shit man, should look into one of those too if you still have money to spend.

12. Well how expensive can they get? Even if i can't afford it, i want to know why not... Lol

Thanks for all the reviews
    Im already a proud volcano owner, so im set for now on the desktop front. But arizer sounds like a great company indeed, and i do love those canadians.
    I know someone with a pax, and it's been great and all (for the 2 months we've been it like cheech and chong [got it 4-20, passed at least 40 grams through it since]) but has its little quirks and i know there's something better out there. If nothing else i know i will most likely have to buy a new handheld eventually (it's starting to get sticky), and i guess my pockets kind of burn lately since i havent been buying any pieces (since i switched to mainly vape).
    Heard anything about pax vs. any of the arizer units? Pax was supposedly the best when i first heard about it like 3 years ago. Same with volcano (heard it was best about 5-6 years ago, and i wholeheartedly agree). But idk if im as big of a flag waver for pax as i am for storz&bickel...
    Thanks again for the recommendations rs!

13. #13 puddleglum, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    I second the recommendation for Arizer Solo. I own both Solo and MFLB, and the Solo actually makes me high. (As opposed to MFLB, which is good for making me slightly higher if I'm already quite high.)

I am considering a butane vape like the Daisy as my next purchase...

14. Solo vs Pax - https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/1wa67g..
    http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1196548-pax-...

I only read the top one.

The VaporBlunt has a peculator and water attachment for a little extra.
    Storz&Bickel released their own portable vape recently, The Crafty. Its like $350.

Even if i had $350 to spend on a vape id stick with the Solo. You can also vapor bong with it B)