Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my use legitimately medical?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by narchitect, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Hi. I'm 19 and I've been smoking the herb since I was 16. I had a very rough bout with depression and psychosis around then, I was hospitalized and everything, and I was put on Zoloft. I noticed, however, that although the prescribed medication helped somewhat, but when I smoked pot my depression felt easier to deal with, but not really gone. It's a complicated feeling, but I experience peace and tranquility with who I am and what I need to do. I currently attend school at NYU Medical, and I live in the suburbs of New York City, so medical use of ganja is prohibited there, but I'm seriously considering moving to Rhode Island where the dispensaries are just opening up. I was accepted into URI for next semester and I'm talking with my parents who are cool with pot about moving there.

Is my elevated sense of reality and peace with it a psychiatrically justified reason to get medical marijuana? I'm doing well in all my classes, take my Zoloft on time, never be high in class and only rarely when I do my homework. The point is I try to be as responsible as possible. Any thoughts?

By the way I'm toking a bong right now so if there are any mistakes please let me know. I have a slight cold and it's helping great! :bongin:

2. im pretty sure you can get it... your state is proly a lil different though then cali...most collectives wont let you in unless your 21...even though you can get your licence at 18..so id check b4 u waste your money...

3. i too think you can get it too. and about the being 21 and older to go to a dispensary, here in LA there is a good amount of dispensaries that arent 21 and older and accept people who are 18 years and older. so for being in socal i havent really came upon too many dispensaries that are only 21 and older. only like 1 out of the 8 ive been too.

4. Me bing 19 may pose a bit of a problem then. Do you know if a doctor can dispense it for me? Even pick a strain? (I prefer strong sativas). Maybe that would solve the problem.

5. i think your use is medical. I started smoking for the same reasons

thoughts of suicide
    visions of murder
    and some pretty fucked up dreams.

i say, stay with the weed, it helps.