Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my tincture working?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheTreeGuy, Feb 1, 2014.

1. #1 TheTreeGuy, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    Hey guys we're thinking we fucked this up but we just want a second opinion. All of the liquid there is solid. None of it is even viscous, it's all just crispy but bit does smell like edibles

2. you applied too high a heat and left it on way too long....that is why people tell you to use hot water..hot water will get to a max boiling temp, i.e..it will stay under 220F which would decarb the active compounds in prep for making edibles but never burn/vaporize the 'good stuff' leaving you with tar [contaminates]

3. I would never make tinctures but I gave a friend 30 bucks to get me one and he got me a CBD one for cancer and shit or it wasn't strong at all I chugged the entire bottleSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I was the one who made this. I turned the crock pot on low, put in 9 ml of glycerin, and 2 ml of water, we sprinkled about .4 g of herb on the liquid and let it sit overnight. I think the problem was that we used so little in such a big pot