Is my tap water okay to use?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thebombhaha, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

Basically, I'm wondering if my tap water is okay to use for my plants if I regulate it's pH level. I think the ppm of it might be too high, so that makes me worry about using it.

Screenshots of all info of the tap water attached bellow.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• DD1.png
      DD1.png
      File size:
      73.1 KB
      Views:
    • DD2.png
      DD2.png
      File size:
      58.6 KB
      Views:
    • DD4.png
      DD4.png
      File size:
      70.4 KB
      Views:
  2. @thebombhaha
    Generally if it's safe for you to drink it's ok for your plant.
    However most city water supplies are deliberately pushed to the alkaline side to protect iron pipes in the system.
    For example my city supply is a steady 8.5 PH. I'm in the hot and dry Southwest USA growing outside in soil and use an ocean of water and don't have time or muscle to change the PH directly so I add a tablespoon of sulfur powder to my hole each plant per cycle to offset the high PH water.
    Works for me and has for many years.
    BNW

3. This is my situation bro:

"Basically, I was told that soil is less sensitive to tap waters with high ppms, but since I'm growing in coco here I am not sure how it will react to this.

I made a post about it in another forum as well, and a guy said the nute dosage(my nutes are Canna Coco A+B) should be less in general, but he said using the tap water should work here. He says the TDS is 460 and that this is pretty high to start out with. I was told to do 1/2th the dose of nutes all throughout flowering, but another factor plays into the equation here.

A product one of my main mentors of my first run told me to buy by the name of Flower Fuel is something I'm concerned about because we don't know how the nutes+flower fuel are going to make the plants react. My plan was to see if there would be any burn, and if so, decrease the nute dosage. However this is all an even bigger question for me because I'm trying to see if I can use my tap water here."

4. I'd get one of those RO (Reverse Osmosis)machines

or even get my water in from the vending machine at your local Walmart

you can mix it 50/50 with the tap water to cut costs

but with such messed up water I'd be growing in soil ...as I do

something to consider on your next venture

good luck