Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my stash moldy? I need help!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by KaylaAnn77, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Ok guys I shop here all the time but I made an account just to get some help. I bought some weed yesterday and I've never smelled anything like it before and the taste is HORRIBLE. I almost threw up smoking it. It smells like stinky socks and the taste is just as bad!!! Is it just the strain? Or could it be moldy? I've googled and YouTubed, but I cant tell... 20190610_081017.jpg 20190610_080958.jpg

2. I see some stuff that looks like mold. Can you return it and get your money back? I'd hesitate to smoke it if it tastes/smells bad. Good luck with it. Let us know what you do, please, to help the next toker.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Can you tell me what looks like mold? I can't tell, and would like to know what you see so I can use it as future reference... I dont know what I'm going to do. I cant return it, although I'm thinking about calling the guy and talking to him about it..

4. In the first picture there seems to be some white fluffy stuff. The rest looks good. I would talk to the guy. If you don't see any obvious mold it's probably OK, but from what you said, not pleasant to smoke. The taste will probably carry over into any edibles. You could make it into a tincture and turn into canna caps (solvent transfer to coconut oil. Simple to explain if you're interested). Another possibility is a water cure to improve taste.I'd say trust your instincts about using it. As I said I just see a small bit that may be fluffy white mold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. the first picture the bud on the left when i blow the picture up there seems to be some white stuff on the stem which could be mold ,,,,mac.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm not savvy like that... but it sounds interesting. Would you care to explain the water curing process?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh lort.. so I pretty much just wasted $100?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Water cure is very simple and will remove water soluble stuff, but no THC. You put your bud in a jar, or other container and cover with water. Use a good amount of water- like a quart mason jar. Change the water at least once a day for seven days. It will need to be changed more in the beginning, you will see the junk in the water. After seven days, dry. I usually put it in a strainer with a fan blowing on it. It will shrink as chlorophyll and other water soluble stuff is removed. Use tap water, not cold water. It will not be less potent. You can try to smoke it then and it hopefully will taste/smell better. Water curing usually removes taste and smell. Sorry about your $100, but all is not lost yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think I might try that then. I don't want to just throw it away. I've been smoking for 4 years and never had this problem so I'm a little paranoid lol. Thank you for explaining the process to me! I'd try to power through smoking it, but idk if it's even worth it

10. I dont see any mold.. it could just be your strains smell..

Ur the only one that can sauly forsure the bud.. does it smell moldy.. also when break it ip does it have like cotton strands in it (also a sign of mold)??

What else di u see what else r u gettin from it??

Flower tent Vegging outside the flower tent

• Like Like x 2
  11. You're right to be cautious. I'm assuming this was an off the street buy and while I've never bought anything sketchy you obviously got something weird. How's the potency?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cant see mold my semf but the smell could be down to bad drying or drying in a foisty room

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. I've only smoked one bowl of it, and it definitely works, I dont feel sick or anything after smoking either. Its just a normal high. But the taste is very gag worthy lol I'll post pics of it grinded up with the flash on and flash off. 20190610_094827.jpg 20190610_094820.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah you're right about the assumption. He's my regular, and never had an issue before. I just talked to him, he said hes gonna look at his stash and call me back later. So idk. The potency is good, don't have an issue with that. It gets you high for sure lol

15. That's kind of what it smells like, honestly.

16. If any thing water cure and dry makes it more potent but all smell and taste goes. And it looks like crap looses all bag appel but will remove molds and any thing sprayed on the buds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ive had stuff like this iwas dryied in what i voukd only describe as a grandad shed had that proper old guy shed smell like leather and foist lol its likely just the room it was dried in plus a shit cure.. bad mold normally looks like grey colour the white fuss can be from glandular trichomes

• Like Like x 2
  18. You're kind of hitting the nail on the head with the smell lol. I just smoked a little bit more because I'm a glutton for punishment and noticed a perfume taste too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Well if it was dried in a shed you maybe picking up some solvent or petrol hint possibly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Makes sense!

• Like Like x 1