Is my soil still ok to use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Noxide, Feb 24, 2013.

1. I have a big bag of fox farm's ocean forest. Basically I used it 1 1/2 years ago then it got put in closet on my patio. It went through hot 100+ to cold 30 degrees for almost a year. Then for 6 months it was sitting in a climate controlled storage. Now its been sitting in my garage for a couple months. I think the bag has been open for most of the time LOL stupid i know..

Should I bother or just go buy another bag?

I guess while Im here.. I had a few NL seeds that almost when through this same heat/cold cycle.. I started germination about 48 hours ago, but nothing has sprouted yet. Do you think these seeds are toast?

Thanks!!

2. I'm thinking your soil will be ok, you may have to add more nutes then one normally would though. At the very worst you might just have to treat it like Coco and do all the nutes yourself. Personally, I'd just get a fresh bag.
    As far as seeds, my last batch had some that took a full week to sprout, give it more time before dumping.

3. Agree with this, I'd mix in 1½ cups of kelp meal and a gal or two of wormcastings a month before using. Keep it moist in an 18 gal tote.

4. I may just go take a trip to the hydro shop and pick up another bag.. Not that expensive anyways.

thanks doods!